Recent content by farmchik

  1. F

    THR Shoes and putting them on

    Many thanks to you all for the suggestions and advice. I was about to go spend a lot of time on the depression link. And Layla, I will try grabbing the laces and the tongue together so I will have more for my grabber to hold onto. Also, I think I'll order a more heavy-duty grabber so I can...
  2. F

    THR Shoes and putting them on

    Thank you, Layla. My surgery date was 10/11/18 and it was a left THR. Perhaps I need a more heavy-duty grabber. When I try to hold onto the tongue of my shoe, it always seems to slip off and the tongue of my shoe gets pushed back in. I appreciate your input!
  3. F

    THR Shoes and putting them on

    Thanks for your response! I do have a long-handled shoehorn and it works well with Velcro shoes. It is just with lace-up shoes that I'm struggling. When I pressed him, my surgeon recommends continuing the restrictions for at least three months and I think he would prefer forever. I surely don't...
  4. F

    THR Shoes and putting them on

    Hi everyone, I'm so glad to have found this forum! I am 6 weeks out from a left THR and doing well. With assistive devices I'm able to dress, with some effort, without breaking the 90 degree rule...except for putting on shoes. I have very flat feet and wear orthotics and I feel better wearing...
  5. F

    Welcome to the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

    I had a LHR 10/11/18. Please add me to the list. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom