Recent content by eve2

  1. eve2

    THR second THR

    wellllll the nurse said it sounds like a muscular thing. Since I am walking normally and my movement is not impacted. In any case my x-ray appt is on the 14th and they wouldn't be able to see me before the 7th anyway. I have PT today, I'll see what my physical therapist says. Though my movement...
  2. eve2

    THR second THR

    I had a shoulder dislocation and partial dislocation before and it definitely felt like that. I am feeling a little pinch now on the left side, but my leg seems to be moving normal. I will call the doctors office tomorrow, anything I need to do till then? At the end I feel stable and walking is...
  3. eve2

    THR second THR

    well, i didn't end up asking :D In other news, I was sitting on the floor last week and felt my hip move a little. I got up and sat down in a chair. I forgot all about the angles. I was at work and i moved a lot. The next day I rested and iced but felt my hip move a tiny bit the next day as I...
  4. eve2

    THR second THR

    Things are going well here. I am walking mostly without the cane inside the house, doing my PT not as much as I should but doing it, been taking 20min walks. I had my incision check and my surgeon told me I had a perfect gait walking, which made me very happy. I was wondering when can I go into...
  5. eve2

    THR second THR

    I wonder when can I sleep on my operative side :D Otherwise all is going well. Today I am off the Jurnavx, the painkiller i've been on for 2 weeks now. I took Tylenol in addition for the first week and got off of it. So we'll see about pain levels. I am def feeling sore.
  6. eve2

    THR second THR

    Thank you! I will work with the same PT I worked with in 2018, her method is strengthening all the small muscles around the hip and core to support stability and mobility! She's great and I can't wait to start. I have been taking a few steps without the cane, which I think is crazy!
  7. eve2

    THR second THR

    I did it! It's done! I had my THR on Monday. I got to home the same day, which i think is crazy. Bruising started appearing 6th day post, otherwise all is well. I am starting PT on the 14th
  8. eve2

    THR second THR 8 years later

    appreciate all the thoughts, I agree and we will see what my surgeon says! But this is very helpful!
  9. eve2

    THR second THR 8 years later

    thank you so much! I sure hope so! I am trying to be on a plane to Europe by August 31st, let's see how this will go. The articles @Layla sent are very helpful and I know that I am in good company here!
  10. eve2

    THR second THR 8 years later

    hey everyone, I just got my surgery appt for June 29th. I had my right hip replaces in 2018 and this forum was life saver for me. I am back and I just wanted to start a thread here for my new journey. I remember the first one went smoothly and recovery was not too bad, but I am probably...
  11. eve2

    2026 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    thank you! I just upgraded my membership, this forum was so helpful when I had my right hip replaces in 2018. I just got the appointment today: June 29th is my date for a THR on the left side.
  12. eve2

    2026 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I am back after many years! I am getting my left hip replaced, not sure if June or July, so I just wanted to drop a quick hi and start following everyones journey
  13. eve2

    THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

    :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance: :dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy: @Mojo333
  14. eve2

    THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

    @Mojo333 Thank you so much! Yes indeed it's a new lease on life! I still catch myself happy with the fact I can just walk without pain. A Happy summer to you to! So grateful!
  15. eve2

    THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

    I PASSED THE ONE YEAR POST OP WITH FLYING COLORS! On my 30th I went and had my one year post op checkup and x-ray. And everything went really well. The bone bonded with the implant 100% and the range of motion was good and everything symmetrical. This has been such an interesting journey! I...
Back
Top Bottom