Recent content by EricaC

  1. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    No - nothing in discharge papers. But I did finally have a BM. We do have Miralax, so I may start using it for the next week or two.
  2. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    So, no bowel movement since Monday. My discharge papers say to call physician if no BM, but the voice message says to call during business hours. Time for a suppository to get things moving?
  3. EricaC

    THR Lucky the new hip - outpatient style!

    My surgery was at East Jefferson in New Orleans. William F. Sherman was the surgeon.
  4. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    Here is the background of my THR journey: Both of my orthos had reservations about a THR at my age (45). My problems started with a broken hip when I fell off a horse. My break was severe enough that had I been older, a hip replacement would have been done. Instead, we went with the repair...
  5. EricaC

    THR Lucky the new hip - outpatient style!

    I also had a 'drive-by hip replacement', with an overnight stay in the hospital. My short term disability pays for the first week if there is a hospital stay, but requires me to use vacation for the first week of the surgery is outpatient.
  6. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    We came home yesterday. If the hospital had been closer, I might have stayed another night just for the IV pain meds. But we live an hour and a half away, with young children, dogs and cats. Decided that the comfort of home would make up for the pain management options. Last night was rough - I...
  7. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    I find that the patches give me seasickness! But that's a great idea. They gave me 2 pills before surgery - 1 for nausea and one for gas.
  8. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    Got the IV pain. Quick acting. The room is spinning, but that's ok.
  9. EricaC

    THR Pain and Nausea

    surgery was 7:30 this morning. Had been getting IV pain medicine (not morphine, not familiar with drug). Nausea was bad, was given IV meds for that. Tried to switch to Percocet, but need vomiting under control. After PT, they gave me Phernadren, which helped immensely. So switched to Percocet...
  10. EricaC

    Menstruation?

    You didn't upset me - just repeated what I've been telling myself! I find it amusing that the patient's modesty is protected so well through all of the doctor visits, knowing full well that modesty is out the window after the anesthesia kicks in! 10 hours until surgery. I am ready for it to...
  11. EricaC

    Menstruation?

    I meant showing up for surgery tomorrow instead of calling ahead today. They are more likely to go ahead with surgery than postpone. But I hear you. It's a natural function, and I have 3 wonderful children as a result. Not something to be ashamed of, yet I am uncomfortable with the situation.
  12. EricaC

    Menstruation?

    I do not use tampons. Guess I will show up for surgery and beg forgiveness. Luckily my periods are much lighter than when I was younger. Menopause can't come soon enough!
  13. EricaC

    Menstruation?

    Is this going to be a problem? My period started today, surgery tomorrow. After last week's delay (sick) I am afraid to ask! Ugh!!!
  14. EricaC

    Surgery on Tuesday, sick since Wednesday

    There was a cancellation on the 3rd, so that's my new date. That works out better because it means only one night in the hospital. With the Friday surgery, I wouldn't be out until Monday. It's also the first surgery, instead of the last. Happy about that.
  15. EricaC

    Surgery on Tuesday, sick since Wednesday

    It was due to my illness. He wants me at 100%.
Back
Top Bottom