Recent content by Epic_Ed

  1. E

    TKR Pain Under Knee and Medial Side...Six Weeks Out!

    I've used Flector and it worked fine as a topical NSAID. The patch is a bit of a hassle because you have to wear pants to cover it up (it's 110 here and shorts are mandatory). Also, as a guy, I had to shave my legs to get it stick effectively. That was fun, and worked out great for my Friday...
  2. E

    Bilateral TKR Epic_Ed's recovery from BPKR

    I started off taking 2 tablets of Percoset every 4 hours the first day home, tapered that back to every 6 hours the second day home and by Monday was down to one Percoset every 6 hours. That's where I've maintained most of the week and my official outpatient PT started on Tuesday. I had been...
  3. E

    Bilateral TKR Epic_Ed's recovery from BPKR

    - Day 2 -- The fun began. Pain was managed well through the night and into the early afternoon and then I had my first PT session. She was awesome and had great advice about not pushing too hard too fast, even indicating I had probably been using the CPM too much the first day. I was able to...
  4. E

    Bilateral TKR Epic_Ed's recovery from BPKR

    So, I'm 8 days post op at this point and I have time to drop in a brief update. - Day of surgery -- admission process went well and I was in the pre-op area pretty close to my surgery time. Surgical nurse did a good job of explaining how things were expected to go down, the anesthesiologist...
  5. E

    Bilateral TKR Epic_Ed's recovery from BPKR

    Finally coherent enough to start my recovery thread. Surgery was Monday morning 7/21 and was expected to go about 3-4 hours. Based on pre-op imaging the OS believed he could do uni-compartment on both knees but was prepared to do dual-compartment on either if necessary. Once he got into the...
  6. E

    39 more Days...WOW!!!

    I'm 46 and will be having BPKR in the morning. I also just got back from Disneyland a week ago and we rented a wheel chair for my crippled butt all three days we were there -- zero regrets. If you have exhausted all of the other forms of treatment it's time to take the next step. I'm doing so...
  7. E

    Wheel chair, walker, or crutches post-op BPKR

    Thanks, Caloparker. All the best. Report back on how things go.
  8. E

    Wheel chair, walker, or crutches post-op BPKR

    I'm definitely going to test his sense of humor by placing a "no peeking" sign on my junk or maybe a "do not amputate" note. ;-)
  9. E

    Wheel chair, walker, or crutches post-op BPKR

    Had my pre-surgery consultation this morning with the doc. They indicate I'll need a walker at most. Wheel chair won't be necessary since they want me moving and using my knees. I tried to explain it's going to be hard to be out partying all night without one. He seemed to frown upon the...
  10. E

    Wheel chair, walker, or crutches post-op BPKR

    I'm having BPKR next Monday, 7/21. For purposes of getting around post-op, which options have served you best for those of you who have had both knees worked on at the same time?
  11. E

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Having bilateral PKR on 7/21.
Back
Top Bottom