Recent content by Emmybones

  1. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Hi, I've been struggling and struggling. Ten years with knee pain all together. I finally had a TKR right four years ago (2017) my knee was still was never correct. I hear of others who say it was the best thing they ever did, they are playing golf and tennis -- I had a horrible time...
  2. E

    TKR 4 years post op and new pain

    i have the same issue post op TKR. I have bursitis always and it’s always swollen. I went back to ortho surgeon many times, was tons nothing they can really do, do the usual RICE. I went to another surgeon last year for second opinion. He said implant is in perfect place, took bloodwork. I don’t...
  3. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    I have this problem 2 years and 3 months after TKR. I'm in pain now. I have my pain where the pes ansurine bursa is. I went to a doc for a second opinion and even though he said he would do a MRI he reneged and told me to go back to my original surgeon. I did that last year. Now I'm going...
  4. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Well, a long time after because it's hard to keep up with a full time job and life issues... so I went to the second doc for a second opinion and guess what? He said yes it's normal for swelling to happen. He can order an MRI on the former surgery knee, and ordered an MRI on the left. My left...
  5. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    I have an appointment for the end of next week. I HOPE the surgeon won't tell me there's something wrong with this implant. That would be a bigger problem but I don't want to jump the gun. Fingers crossed.
  6. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Hi susieshoes, Yes! I JUST made an appointment with a surgeon that my friend has gone to. I'm nervous though because I hope it's not that the implant was wrong size or something. That will open up a whole new problem. We'll see. I'm waiting for a call back form the doc's office.
  7. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    My apologies for being so long. It took me time to get the x-rays and also had a death in the family. The x-rays no matter how I tried to download are not in a format that I can download. I'm assuming they are in a format that hospitals use and I can't right now remember the extension on the...
  8. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    It should be on my record on line but it's not. I just requested it via email.
  9. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Josephine, I just got back from my almost one year evaluation. They did take an x-ray and the PA and my surgeon said the x-ray looks fine. My surgeon said it's a pesky problem that mostly likely is related to well, it can happen from replacement but also if the patient is prone to bursitis...
  10. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    No I don’t have a copy of it. Should i try to get it?
  11. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Yes, that's exactly where my pain and swelling is.
  12. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Thank you Josephine. It's hard not to compare because you think, "why didn't I have that experience?" But thank you for the reminder. My pain and swelling is at D-E-F RF2. I had bursitis in this spot on and off BEFORE the TKR. I am taking an anti-inflammatory also and working on losing...
  13. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Thank you so much Jockette! That's true, my knee would hurt after falling. It IS so hard not to compare yourself. I'm so puzzled that the two people I know are doing so well so quickly!
  14. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Well, at the end of March it will be one year. I went longer for PT than most patients, from March until September but almost one year after right TKR I still have swelling to the left of the implant. My physical therapist had told me I have pes ansurine bursitis. I went back to my surgeon...
  15. E

    TKR Four years and Never Recovered

    Josephine I have answered your questions. I don't know if you get notifications that I've replied but... I also wanted to mention that my surgery was done in NYC - NYU - Hospital for Bone and Joint Disease, if that helps.
Back
Top Bottom