Recent content by emilymae99

  1. emilymae99

    Practical clothing for hospital stay.

    I wore baggy shorts and a vest top because it was too hot, didn't bother with underwear for the first 2/3 days! Only had my left hip done and was out on day 4 as I had problems getting up on the first 2 days due to low blood pressure. Good Luck with yours!
  2. emilymae99

    Spinal anaesthesia v General anaesthesia

    I had both Spinal and GA because that's what my consultant prefers his patients to have. However, having the spinal I assume made my pain a lot more manageable as you come out numb from the waist down. I did have to have a catheter though, but I know others who didn't need one after having a spinal.
  3. emilymae99

    Anyone have nerve damage from hip replacement?

    I had the anterior approach and was warned by my consultant that I would have 'temporary' nerve damage. He said it can take up to 2 years to get back to normal but will reduce in size over time. I'm just over a month post op and it is reducing quite fast, however, I still have a patch on my...
  4. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    @Mojo333 @Layla I see my OS in a couple of weeks so I'll wait till then, Thank you both!
  5. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    4 weeks post op today and I'm feeling great! been off crutches for a couple of days now. I still take 1 out with me if I need to go to the shops or somewhere that I'll be walking/standing for some amount of time! I'm now allowed to go to the gym and do light exercise on a static bike. only sad...
  6. emilymae99

    Under 30 Hip Replacement

    I'm 19 and have had to give up a lot due to my hip. You don't deserve this pain and deserve to have a life! I had my hip done about a month ago now, and it was the best decision, absolutely no regrets at all. You might have to really push for the consultant to do it (I think it's stupid if they...
  7. emilymae99

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    I was full weight bearing on day 1, but I don't think I started putting full weight through the leg till about day 5/6. Do you see a Physiotherapist? As they normally help you with this. What I did was: Keep 2 crutches but try to walk properly, squeeze your bum and your core and don't put too...
  8. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    @Bone-obo yes, I'm starting to understand that my leg is different now, especially as my hip doesn't click whenever I move it! Thank you for the warning about overdoing it though, I'll be a bit more careful as I found myself having to get the ice out last night... but hey, you learn from your...
  9. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    @Layla So the pain I'm getting, I think is more of a muscle ache just around the new hip, unlike the pain I had in my thigh after surgery. However on top of that, I am getting really knee pain, but I'm just putting that down to an old injury flaring up because I'm walking properly again. My...
  10. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    Hello! I am just over 2 weeks post op and I'm feeling so much better!! I had my first physio appointment on Tuesday and he told me that I'm allowed to walk with 1 crutch and, if I'm comfortable and able to walk properly without a limp I don't have to use any!!! Physio went really well and he...
  11. emilymae99

    General or spinal and sedation?

    I had a spinal with general anaesthetic, woke up without feeling my legs and had no side effects to the GA. I'd recommend the spinal because it helps with pain post-op.
  12. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    Hi, I wrote about my time in hospital on my blog! I would try and sum it all up on here but I keep getting really tired whenever I try, so I'll just link the post -https://myhipdoesnotwork.blogspot.com/2018/06/hip-replacement-week-1.html
  13. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    thank you all for your lovely replies, I've been half asleep all day! It's very weird because there are times where I feel very nauseous so I'll just have a nap, and then it goes away and I'll be starving! I've been moving around a lot more today, as when I was in the hospital I didn't do a lot...
  14. emilymae99

    THR Finally Home!!

    Oh my goodness, what a week I've had. I went into the hospital on Tuesday (19th) and have only just returned home. I've definitely made my mind up that I do not like hospitals one bit. It's so nice to feel the fresh air outside after being on the ward for a couple of days. Surgery went well...
  15. emilymae99

    Very tired and in a lot of pain

    It's getting closer now! Under a week! I've started to move things that I need from under my bed up onto my desk so that I can get to them easily, and also cleaning up a bit so I don't trip up when I finally get home from the hospital. I finished working yesterday (well didn't actually finish...
Back
Top Bottom