Recent content by Ellie@0318

  1. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    2 knees that are hypersensitive!! Whoa! Sleeping is really tough with only one... I tried the Saran Wrap WITH some cortisone gel I had at home. NADA! Ace bandage, nothing. Thanks so much for offering what helped for you. Will look up both items after I type this... and I agree... this...
  2. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Thanks @SusieShoes! I’m trying to loosen the skin and scar up, but it burns and feels as though it will tear. Great idea with the cocoa butter... I’m thinking coconut oil too. I’m glad the internal knee pain is gone... just the bending due to stiff scar tissue. SO darn glad I’m not looking...
  3. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @Katkins - Can I ask why you had an MUA? I quit PT, as you have read, after 2 sessions. I continue to try and get better ROM with gentle stretching. Last check I was 117 and almost completely flat. It’s been almost 3 months now and I still feel the knee is quite stiff.. not due to the knee...
  4. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Thanks @Josephine - wouldn't want to have trouble with this new knee now as things are progressing nicely.
  5. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @Josephine - is that true even if your scar is completely healed? Is there still a danger of joint infection if you knick the surgical area?
  6. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @sistersinhim - you are so right! My numb scar area is pretty hairy! I try to shave gently once in a while so I don’t have to braid it!! :thankyou:
  7. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    :rofsign: Too darn true!
  8. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Aren’t we funny? Worrying about hairy legs! I’m glad somebody’s pre-op class covered this. My pre-op binder had it on page 4 and was in tiny writing. I wonder if I should keep track of things my OS should know about the pre-op information - Like withdrawal and being careful about shaving...
  9. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @Mumu I agree. But in my defense, no one (OS, PCP or any of the nurses I was in touch with) even mentioned that I might want to taper off of any of the drugs. I would think that would be something that should be covered in their information they give us. That and don’t shave you legs the...
  10. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @nuttybrunette - What a great name! How do you feel at the current taper? Are you having symptoms now? (once again... sweating, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, etc.) I would continue at a VERY slow rate if so. You might ask @Josephine as she is medical and I'm not. I think I would try going...
  11. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @CaliCat - What an awesome idea!! I just leave my affected knee out of the covers to start but then I get chilly and slide the leg back in. In, out, in, out - all night long. I wonder if anyone else has this “extreme skin sensitivity”. One side of my scar is totally numb and the other, I...
  12. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Me too... Good riddance!
  13. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @Mumu - So you’re another one who had trouble coming off Tramadol! I’m so sorry! You know how sometimes you have a medication left over and you “save” it just in case? Well... I’m dumping what’s left of that stuff! If I had known about how some people have trouble getting off this stuff...
  14. Ellie@0318

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    @ChrissiG - I read your note out loud to my husband. We both said “Wow”! I’m so sorry that you had to go through such awful withdrawal. Isn’t it interesting how we all are different? Some just don’t do well coming off of pain meds. You must have been scared out of your mind! Your...
  15. Ellie@0318

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    @hatingthis - Yup! That’s about right. I think we ALL hated this in the beginning. I had a RTKR 11 years ago and forgot what it was like. It is really awful in the beginning where you are. Everything is turned upside down and trying to control the pain is tough.... My mantra now is ice...
Back
Top Bottom