Recent content by duke51690

  1. D

    TKR TKR Yesterday

    Just had my right TKR yesterday 12/18/23. Still have nerve block 20 hours post surgery. doing well. Light PT until therapist comes tomorrow. Walking 100 yards with walker doing leg extensions. Keeping pillow under ankle. Hoping for not too much pain as block wears off!
  2. D

    THR 5 weeks post op

    Well, I was doing great at 3.5 weeks then got covid! Pushed through that & yesterday I fainted while on a 3 mile walk 2 miles in. BP 80/50 ride to hospital in ambulance to ED & they discovered a blood clot in my left lung! On Eliquis now and paranoid to to much.
  3. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    Well, I was doing great at 3.5 weeks then got covid! Pushed through that & yesterday I fainted while on a 3 mile walk 2 miles in. BP 80/50 ride to hospital in ambulance to ED & they discovered a blood clot in my left lung! On Eliquis now and paranoid to to much.
  4. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    Today is exactly 4 weeks post surgery. I am improving daily. I slowed down a bit in week 3 back to 1-2 miles daily with not to much pain. My swollenness has gone down. I am still feeling substantial numbness on my left thigh and a lot of tightness but that is getting better as well. Does...
  5. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    For the record my surgery date was 6/21/22
  6. D

    THR Exhaustion 5 months after THR

    I am 4 weeks in as of today. I am walking around 1 mile a day. I am still very sore on my thigh along with quite a large numb area on my left side thigh. I am very tired, lack sleep, and its very hard to get comfortable. It is getting better each day. When I do finally fall to sleep its so...
  7. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    Thank you Lyla, I am 3 weeks in this Monday & I have accepted the fact that doing more isn't better. I am walking daily between 1/2 and 1 mile broken down into 2-3 walks w no walker or cane. My left thigh on the outside is almost completely numb and front of thigh feels like giant charlie horse.
  8. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    The date of my surgery was 6/21/22 and was an anterior surgery. I think I need to slow down. I just don't want to do too little, balance right!
  9. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    Thanks Eman, I am at 2 weeks in and I am taking it easy today. My thigh feels like a giant charlie horse and left side of hip is numb. My surgery was an anterior. I am working on my form with my physical therapist.
  10. D

    THR Day 11 post op

    Hi everyone, fellow THR peeps. I am on day 11 of TRR recovery. My left thigh feels like a massive charlie horse & numb on left side. My pain is ok overall. Today I was able to walk 1 mile without a walker or cane. I feel good about that based on everything that I have read. My concern is how...
Back
Top Bottom