Recent content by Dragonfly

  1. Dragonfly

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    Angel- I've read some of your thread and I am sorry you have been through so much trouble with your knee(s). The doctor has told you he will not do surgery- do you mean on your non-operated knee or the one you had done already? Also, If you have struggled this much with your first knee...
  2. Dragonfly

    TKR Anyone experienced a broken femur after a TKR?

    I guess the answer to my question is "No". No one on here seems to have any experience with a broken femur. Thanks anyway. I will see if I can find help for my friend somewhere else. Best wishes to all.
  3. Dragonfly

    TKR Anyone experienced a broken femur after a TKR?

    She is lucky- her orthopedist told her that "normally" the femur will shatter in breaks like hers. Like I said, she does not use computers at all, so I have been trying to help her find information and I have had a hard time finding people with tkrs and broken femurs. That is why I am going to...
  4. Dragonfly

    TKR Anyone experienced a broken femur after a TKR?

    I am writing this for a good friend of mine who does not "do computers" :) She had a tkr several years ago and had a great recovery from it. She is very active and always on the go. A few weeks ago, she slipped and ended up breaking her femur pretty much right above the femoral component...
  5. Dragonfly

    TKR It's looking like I have another surgery ahead of me

    I originally posted it in this forum and it got moved by someone else to the other one. I didn't move it. Josephine did respond to my post and didn't offer any help or ideas. I have decided to leave this board. Please delete my membership/account.
  6. Dragonfly

    TKR It's looking like I have another surgery ahead of me

    I guess most people on this board are preparing for tkrs (which is why I initially posted this in the other board), but is there anyone out there that has already had a tkr and is now preparing for a scope to see what is wrong with the tkr? Anyone have any advice? I guess I don't understand why...
  7. Dragonfly

    TKR It's looking like I have another surgery ahead of me

    I meant that I don't think it is okay to take Tramadol for three years- which is why I have not been taking much. I don't like the idea of taking medication too often. There is a reason for the pain, taking meds this far out after surgery is basically just covering it up and not helping it.
  8. Dragonfly

    TKR It's looking like I have another surgery ahead of me

    Pretty much, yes. Like I said, in the beginning the thought was that my hamstring was too tight causing issues with the hamstring tendon, which is what was concentrated on at PT 18 months after the surgery. The pain continued. I have had two cortisone shots. I understand the Tylenol dosage...
  9. Dragonfly

    TKR It's looking like I have another surgery ahead of me

    Pain is usually around a 3 when walking around on "good" days, and sometimes will get to a 7 after riding my exercise bike or if I am on my feet too long. I take 2000mgs of Tylenol (Acetaminophen)- each pill is 500mgs, and I take 2 at a time 2x a day. If the pain is really bad, I take a 25mg...
  10. Dragonfly

    TKR It's looking like I have another surgery ahead of me

    I had a right knee replacement in 2011. Since then I have had a few problems with pain/stiffness, mobility, swelling, etc. The major pain is in the same area of my knee, right on the inside, basically where the femur and tibia meet. We initially thought it was due to weak hamstring muscles...
  11. Dragonfly

    TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

    @lindaladyishere, I am sorry that you are struggling. However, there are many on here that have given you advice and tried to answer your questions, yet you are not listening to them. You talk about being in so much pain, but then in the same breath you talk about a 4-hour shopping trip...
  12. Dragonfly

    TKR My personal top ten of highs and lows of TKR

    I like this thread :) My highs were: Getting my staples out on post-op day 10 and seeing my almost healed up scar and my doctor telling me that my scar was healed enough that I could go in the lake and swim at post-op day 13 (I had staples out on a Friday and he said I could go in the lake on a...
  13. Dragonfly

    TKR Go to the doctor or not?

    My appointment with my Orthopedist is August 20th. My leg hurts quite a bit but if I have put up with it for two months already I guess I can wait another two weeks.
  14. Dragonfly

    TKR Go to the doctor or not?

    I forgot to mention that I have tried wrapping an ace bandage around the top of my tibia and down the leg a bit to see if that would help (like if it was a muscle injury.) It did not help at all. The pain was still there and still just as bad. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to...
  15. Dragonfly

    TKR Go to the doctor or not?

    It has been two months since I tweaked my leg/knee. I still have not gone to the doctor because I convinced myself that it was a sprain or a pulled muscle and I wanted to give it time to heal if that is what it is. Plus when I called my Orthopedist, they told me that my doctor (or the ER or...
Back
Top Bottom