Recent content by drachios12

  1. D

    Tibial Plateau Fracture TKR - Right leg and Tibia Fracture

    @jockethe The TKR surgery was june 24, 2024 and no, I have not had surgery for the current fracture. Thanks all for comments. I appreciate it.
  2. D

    Tibial Plateau Fracture TKR - Right leg and Tibia Fracture

    Hi - I have had many knee issues over the years with both knees. In 2017 I had the left knee TKR done and during the surgery the Tibia fractured and they put in 2 screws to fix the fracture. I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks and ended up having to have a manipulation 4 months later but...
  3. D

    TKR A couple of hiccups

    Well, checking in after a long time of quiet. I have been off crutches since July 17th and now I just rely on a cane, mostly to be available if my knee becomes overly tired. I have been going to PT at least 2 x's a week since July 10th and that has gone fairly well. I like the therapist, so...
  4. D

    TKR A couple of hiccups

    Saw the OS and he said everything looks good. Staples were removed and incision is healing well. Due to the Tibia fractue I am still non weight bearing for an additional 3 weeks. The pain is still fairly prominent but not unbearable. I was hoping to be backed off the meds some by now but I...
  5. D

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    I am right there with you on the sleep thing. I have always had sleep issues anyway and am finding it VERY difficult to get any kind of rest. I don't think I can give you any better advice than what others on here have or will give you. I do agree with KarriB that icing and elevation thru...
  6. D

    TKR A couple of hiccups

    thanks. just have to keep moving forward!
  7. D

    TKR A couple of hiccups

    Thank you for the information Celle. I will read and re-read the suggested items. At this point, I think the fracture in the Tibia is my biggest concern for future stability of the knee joint.
  8. D

    TKR A couple of hiccups

    Thank you for the prayers, they are always welcomed!
  9. D

    TKR Sciatic nerve (???) pain in the butt and outer thigh???

    I have used Mederma in the past and it worked well. I started after the stitches/staples were removed and asked my OS for clearance. My suggestion is use it after showering and gently massage the scare for best results.
  10. D

    TKR A couple of hiccups

    My left knee TKR was completed today all is well, except a couple of hiccups. 1. The knee cap was so small and in such bad shpe it also had to be replaced. 2. When the bottom piece was ready to be inserted it split the bone so some screws ha to be added to repair the bone, which mens no weight...
  11. D

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Left TKR scheduled May 22 Stryker Get around knee
Back
Top Bottom