Recent content by dpesante

  1. D

    THR Done with my surgery this week....:-)

    This next Tuesday will be 2 weeks since surgery and all I can say is that I feel great. I ended up not overdoing anything but did manage to get a few good sessions here and there. Basically took the advice that I have seen out there to let things run their course that your body will heal. Well...
  2. D

    THR Done with my surgery this week....:-)

    @Lerwick8 ... good luck to you. For me the day of the surgery was great (enjoy it!) ... the following 2 days were the most difficult because the anesthesia was gone.. :-)... But you will definitely see progress every day from that point.... :-) Its amazing! :-)
  3. D

    THR Done with my surgery this week....:-)

    This is now day 6 post-op and I am feeling great.... hardly any pain other than where the incision is... some to the side but nothing major. Not sure how recovery is with the other approaches but for me the DA approach seem to be working very well. I will be asking the doctor about travel but...
  4. D

    THR Done with my surgery this week....:-)

    thanks everyone.... just curious... how long before you guys were able to get on a plane? I am in Florida but trying to see when I could fly to Puerto Rico to see my mom.... :-) Hoping that I could do that sometime in October.... is that realistic? BTW. I had the DA approach and so far so...
  5. D

    THR Done with my surgery this week....:-)

    well it is done!!! Definitely happy with the DA approach but initial couple of days have been a bit painful.... but today (day 3) feeling better... Recovery is going to be more intense than what some people say... after all, it is a major operation. Patience patience...
  6. D

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    @Lerwick8 thanks! Reality is that I almost went with mini-posterior but decided with DA because of where I was having it done and how I felt about the doctor.... what is kind of weird is that I feel most of the pain on my left hip even though my right hip is the one that is bone-on-bone...
  7. D

    Right hip bone-on-bone but join pain in several other areas...

    Just wondering if others have similar symptoms... Basically, my right hip is bone-on-bone without too much pain but feeling join pains all over... left hip, sitting bone, knee, ankles, wrist, fingers, neck... is this normal. I am scheduled to have my right hip replace August 15th but was...
  8. D

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    I am having mine right hip replacement August 15th!
  9. D

    Trying to decide - mini-posterior vs anterior

    Basically, a few weeks ago I though I had made my decision to go with the anterior approach in Boynton Beach with Dr. Wang. Younger doctor that does approx 100 surgeries per year. The hospital is Bathesda and they got the Hanna table just for him to perform his Anterior surgeries. In Boynton...
  10. D

    Trying to make sense of all the information out there

    Another update.... Today, I went to see who will be my surgeon here in Boynton Beach, Dr. John Wang...(August 15th). I am sooooo happy that I will be doing this with him. Feeling very optimistic and looking forward to the surgery. Dr. Wang does the Anterior approach (with the Hanna table) and...
  11. D

    Trying to make sense of all the information out there

    Update..... I arrived in Boynton Beach, FL couple of days ago. Lucky that I have a very caring aunt that lives here with her long-time friend and they took me in and will care for me during my recovery. I was able to finally contact couple of doctors: Elvis Grandic and Ross G. Stone...
  12. D

    Trying to make sense of all the information out there

    Thanks everyone.... With respect to returning to work... I need to clarify that I was not referring to physically going to an office.... I work remote from home using my notebook. Flexible hours, etc. But I get the main point which is don't set expectations high and expect around 4-week...
  13. D

    Trying to make sense of all the information out there

    Thanks for the message. I definitely agree that things deteriorate quickly. Just in Feb I was basically running and even playing some volleyball... then in the last 2 weeks things have gone from bad to worse although I can still walk but tired and fatigued all day even after a night sleep. I am...
  14. D

    Anterior vs posterior?

    @leenie60 .. i have the same concern... will I be able to sit and sleep if going with the posterior.... Any thoughts on that anyone?
  15. D

    THR Impossible Hip Pain No More!

    @Mojo333 thanks for the info. Just curious, I heard that patients that undergo DAA basically walk out (with a cane) from the hospital. Not sure you heard something similar before having the surgery but I take it that was not the case for you at all. Or is it that you can walk but basically can't...
Back
Top Bottom