Recent content by Doyley

  1. D

    TKR Bruising 5 years on

    Hello all, It's almost 5 years since my left TKR. The last few weeks I keep getting bruises over my knee. I had bruises immediately post-surgery which I know is normal, but just the past few weeks I've been getting them over and over. Once one heals, I get another. They're relatively big and...
  2. D

    THR 4 years on

    Ahhh ok cool .. I'll read that thing you linked. Thanks very much :)
  3. D

    THR 4 years on

    Thanks for the advice. xrays were taken but I never got them, I'll request them this week. @Josephine Sorry for being vague, I've attached a random image from Google with the "loop" I mean :)
  4. D

    THR 4 years on

    Hi @Josephine .. I'm glad to see you're still around :) Anyway my consultant just said to monitor it and go back in 12 months. I'd say the pain is around W L3B. On an xray at the bottom of your pelvis you see the little loop, it feels like that. Unrelated but I had a little fall going...
  5. D

    THR 4 years on

    Thanks all. Appointment with specialist tomorrow so fingers crossed.
  6. D

    THR 4 years on

    Hi Jaycey OK no problem. It's kind of hard to tell. It's certainly become more severe suddenly. I had an xray in November and there were no issues then, other than what I've mentioned. I have another appointment in a few weeks with a different consultant. I didn't ask for this appointment...
  7. D

    THR 4 years on

    Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on here. I hope everybody is doing well. It is 4 years, almost to the day, since I had my left THR. For the most part it has been great, with a couple of exceptions. About a year ago my consultant told me that the stem is pushing against my femur...
  8. D

    THR Cortical Impaction

    Jaycey, hello again. Well I have strange issues with my bones. A genetic condition called Larsen Syndrome. He said it's something to do with that. I wish I took a photo of the xray now. But it's kind of twisted the way they had to put it in, something to do with that. Maybe twisted is the...
  9. D

    THR Cortical Impaction

    Hi all, I've not been here for a while. It's changed quite a bit. Anyway. THR January 2014 and TKR March 2015. I've been getting quite a lot of pain in my hip the last few months, normally when standing/walking. I've just been to see my consultant who took some xrays and says it looks like...
  10. D

    TKR Kneecap Catching

    That's a good idea .. I think I have about 4 of them lying around somewhere from the 10 years I was waiting for the replacement lol .. I bet I can't find any now. I'll get one tomorrow either way :)
  11. D

    TKR Kneecap Catching

    Yeah that looks pretty much about right, @Josephine. I've been elevating, icing and the usual. It doesn't hurt when I'm sat, just when I stand and then it's awful. It worries me that it's a new problem that's started around 9-10 weeks post-op when it has been fine up to now. My knee keeps...
  12. D

    TKR Kneecap Catching

    Hi @Josephine . You are right, they sent me for an x-ray and said it was likely a pull of my medial collateral ligament. It's swollen and quite hot to touch. It was a nurse practitioner I seen, little disappointed it wasn't an ortho doctor, but what can you do. The pain is probably in LF3 D...
  13. D

    TKR Kneecap Catching

    Really bad today, can barely walk, in extreme pain if I do. Phoned my consultants secretary who said she can't get me in with him, to go GP or A&E. Phoned GP and they've said to go A&E. Off I go, really don't like going A&E for this though.
  14. D

    TKR Kneecap Catching

    Hi Jean. I don't think it would be the case with me. My surgeon and physio have both noted the opposite with me, I have quite loose ligaments because of my condition.
  15. D

    TKR Kneecap Catching

    Thanks @Jamie
Back
Top Bottom