Thanks for your message, Jaycey. My LTKR was the 9th November 2022.
I haven’t sought a second opinion as the surgeon said the post op X-rays all looked fine.
I think I may need to go down the route of pain management even though I’ve been trying to do that myself with mindfulness apps like...
I haven’t written a post for ages but I’d like to hear from other people who might be in the same position as me. I had a RTKR in October 21 and a LTKR in November 22. I think I’m one of the unlucky one in five people who are no better off. Both knees are uncomfortable and when I’m standing or...
Thank you for all your comments. I’ve been walking a bit more for the last few days and not doing any exercises and that seems to be helping. I’ve also started doing some mindfulness to help with my state of mind. Spring is here in the UK which always helps as the countryside looks so pretty...
I’m now six months on from TKR and my knee is still very stiff. I can only walk about 3000 steps before both knees start hurting and I have to stop and rest. I’m fairly active in the mornings but take it easier in the afternoons. I still get very tired and go to bed early. Fortunately I don’t...
Thank you all for your comments. As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I’m always interested in reading how other people coped with theirs. I was very depressed for the first six weeks after my TKR on the 11th October. The pain was excruciating, the isolation even worse as I live...
Thanks for previous comments. It’s 3 weeks ago today that I had my MUA but I feel as though I’m getting worse rather than better. My knee is increasingly stiff and my ROM is only 90. I’ve been doing the exercises I was told to do in the hospital but my knee seems to get stiffer after exercise...
I had an MUA on Friday 4th February. It wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated. In the OR the surgeon got my knee to 120 flexion and 0 extension. I stayed one night in hospital and was on a CPM machine almost continuously for 24 hours. The pain was no worse than before the MUA.
The hospital...
Thanks for all your comments. With reference to the MUA that my surgeon would like to do, I wondered whether I could avoid this if I try to increase the range of movement myself? I’ve already stopped doing some exercises as I felt they were aggravating my knee and instead I’m concentrating on...
Hi Jaycey, some of the exercises I do aren’t gentle and hurt quite a lot. I’ll definitely stop doing those and go back to doing simple stretching. I haven’t been icing and elevating enough so will increase the time that I do that. Many thanks for your advice.
Thanks for all your comments. My surgery was the 11th October not November - silly me! How could I get that wrong!!! I’m taking two paracetamol four times a day and two Nefopam Hydrochloride (I’m in the UK). As it will be a couple of weeks before the MUA, I’m going to start icing and elevating...
I had a TKR on my right knee on the 11/11/21. 12 weeks on, I’m struggling. I got very depressed in hospital and having to stay at home for six weeks unable to drive got me down and I felt very isolated. I live on my own and even though friends and neighbours popped in, I was alone with my...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.