Recent content by Dorsey

  1. D

    Rotator Cuff Repair Tough Recovery

    Glad to read you are starting to feel positive about the repair. I am ten days out and still wondering if it all is going to be worth it. I had a full thickness tear and they also did some bone trimming on the underside, "acromioplasty" it is called on my paperwork. I'm hoping that was the...
  2. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    I have noticed that just when it feels like the numbness and nerve tingling in my upper thigh is just about gone and I do any targeted strengthening exercises of the quad muscle it triggers a flare up of the numbness and tingling all over. Anybody else have this experience at 6 months out and...
  3. D

    THR Nutcase's recovery journey

    I am going to hit the 5 month mark shortly myself , Still feel some discomfort sitting for extended periods , still have some flashes of tingling sensations that only last for seconds, when I first upped my activity in getting back to being moderately active again the initial pain, Mostly on my...
  4. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Thanks Layla, I did have side pain in the exact same area before the replacement so I am not to surprised that I have it now. My own personal opinion is that it is a bursitis of a mild nature . I really only have a sense of it flaring up after certain activities and I can only confirm that by...
  5. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Still having some what I believe is IT Band pain flare after walking a good distance. I was thinking about trying some stretching exercises for it but everything I look the stretching involves crossing the affected side leg over the uninvolved leg and applying force. All of which makes me...
  6. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Thank you Layla for the kind note . I feel I am progressing well, trying not to overplay the good hand I've have been delt . Still having some come and go mild lateral soreness , which was there prior to surgery as well so I have learned to accept I am just going to add that to my list of things...
  7. D

    THR dkhip1's THR recovery

    Don't believe them. I watched with particular attention more than one friend & relative go thru hip replacement recovery just because I knew there was going to be one not to far in the future for me. It was very positive and encouraging watching and talking to them at the time they were...
  8. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Thank you Layla . Still have the numbness as pain in the upper thigh but the area seems to be getting smaller each week But all in all I am doing well and had my first PT appt. Monday and I am okay with them . They checked all strength in leg in the different directions and the PT always asked...
  9. D

    THR Ray's Right THR Recovery

    Hi Raylo, Had my LATHR on 03/22 , Started out the first 2 or 3 days with numbness almost down to my knee , mostly on the anterior ,but also rolling over to the lateral higher up on my thigh. Has been slowly going away and is now confined to area about as big as my hand on the upper thigh just...
  10. D

    THR New life expected

    Healing Blessings to you Anna , Over the 4 years my hip went downhill I also developed IT band pain that went down to my knee, as well as some occasional flare ups of lateral Bursitis . Had the ATHR on 03/22 and the arthritic pain was gone immediately I am doing well, I even used my...
  11. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Three week anniversary today ! Feeling confident walking around my house without the cane. but still taking the cane with me when I venture out. My Physical therapist who I have yet to actually have a session with, (1st session will be on the 22nd), but who does not mind at all advising me on...
  12. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Two Week anniversary Officially under my belt in about 2 hours from now. I have very little to complain about, in fact so little that I am not going to bother complaining, or talking about myself , but instead just give thanks to God & to all you caring and giving people on this site, &...
  13. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    Thank You Elf1, I think you are probably right it is the nerves that were pummeled & pulled probably every which way doing some misfiring as they get back to normal , Another unpleasant sensation I was introduced today involved doing a couple of new exercise moves that stressed my incision in...
  14. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    12 days out and coming along Dr. took the staples out Monday wound looks nice , if there is such a thing. Two disappointments however , Dr still wants me to sleep on my back which I am still trying to adjust to. Related to that last night I was awoken by my operative leg heel feeling like a...
  15. D

    THR LTHR 03/22/2024

    One Week Anniversary, It is a Good Friday + for me to have a full week behind me now with my only setbacks being purely mental in nature. The "what if's" had me under attack yesterday and I really do not know why as there was nothing negative that happened. Physically I am steady on my feet...
Back
Top Bottom