Hi Susanne,
I'm so sorry you've been through so many bad joints. Me too....both knees will have to be replaced and my jaw too! That one really has me scared since the surgery isn't very common and the results are mixed. I too have been told it's just osteoarthritis. Hard to believe it...
Just how bad can hip bursitis hurt? I have had two bum knees for quite a few years but xrays are only showing moderate arthritis so I wait in spite of level of pain, disfunction, and hearing/feeling the grinding. In the meantime my hips just began to hurt worse than my knees so I figured it...
Hi Revcatlover. I just want to wish you good luck and a speedy, successful recovery. That is great that your Mom has been through the surgery and she'll no doubt be a great source of support. I too am in my forties staring down double knee replacement and I'm glad you found a surgeon who will...
Hi Florida. Yep, I was referring to Dr. Duke but I am afraid the xrays will be reviewed and I will be dismissed. I am going to try and make peace with the pain for a while until I get sick enough of it to demand surgery.i really appreciate Josephine's post vindicating that even though the xrays...
New Smryna is close to Orlando but also Daytona and Jacksonville. Sorry about your Dad, lost mine too about two years ago. Just think, next Winter you'll be here, no snow!!! In fact we think it's cold if the high is 50. I am not a native I too grew up in the mid-west so I know Winter and nothing...
Hi Pax,
Another Floridian - where are you? I see you just had surgery...care to share who did the op? Is your left knee good? I really wish it was only one of mine that were bad but then again so does everyone else with two bum knees. If genetics have any role I'm going to live way up into...
Thanks Vinny!!! You give me such hope. I dream of the day I won't even think about my knees. I too want bilateral surgery, one surgery, one recovery - sounds good to me!
Honestly I feel like if they did an exploratory arthroscopy they would schedule me for TKR right away. I was just as frustrated when the knee problems began back in 2000 and I had numerous OS's review the MRI's and tell me they didn't see anything and I could continue running which is what...
I am only wanting knees that allow me to walk across the floor without hurting. I have no expectations of running, tennis, basketball, etc. I just want a life that I forget I even have knees. If I could spend a day without being conscientious of my knees, oh that would be glorious!
Thanks Jamie. I've seen so many in the area that are good surgeons I have no doubt but when I easily walk thru the door not limping, I am younger than most patients in the waiting room, and then the xrays don't support my claims of pain I could see why they are reluctant. I feel some shame...
I've seen so many over the years and I keep hearing the same thing - the damage they see I'm not even close and should have a good five or so years to go. I don't know how they figure that if I had grade IV back in 2009. But - even my husband agrees and he feels I'm not limping therefore it...
This is the guy I saw who told me he didn't see any real damage on my xrays so sent me for MRI. Below I've listed the link to his website. He is doing laterial incision knee replacements and his reviews on www.vitals.com are very good. I found a Florida website that lists number of knee...
I have an iPad so no way to upload the xrays. thank you for the encouraging words. I love this board, so comforting to come here. At work I am surrounded by runners and gym rats who talk non stop about their latest workouts and I feel jealous and like I am the only person with bad knees.
I have been on this board for a while. Just went to see a surgeon in Orlando who is doing lateral incision knee replacements and is being called a genius. So I had xrays done and he comes in the room and tells me there is no damage on the X-ray so I asked...then why does it hurt so bad and grind...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.