Recent content by dooble

  1. D

    THR Driving

    Thanks, all. Yes, I am off narcotics and only planning to drive short distances around town. Thank you for the advice.
  2. D

    THR Driving

    Hi all, I had a right THR on March 22 (a year to the day after my left!). I’m feeling ready to drive and am looking for support to do so. I’m walking comfortably without a cane. I drove at 2 weeks after my left, which I know is a different situation. Did you drive at 3 weeks post THR? Thanks!
  3. D

    Surgery 3/23. Concerns/questions

    @gazelle7777 My surgeon is young, extremely experienced, and operates at a joint-specializing hospital. I chose him because he's the one who fixes other surgeons' problems. I don't believe he is giving me outdated info or is unwilling to learn new procedures. I was looking for other people's...
  4. D

    Surgery 3/23. Concerns/questions

    Thanks all. This is discouraging but very helpful to hear.
  5. D

    Surgery 3/23. Concerns/questions

    Hi there. I'm having a left hip replacement on 3/23. Just found out today that it will be posterior. I had assumed anterior. Surgeon says with posterior the recovery is slightly longer but risk of nerve damage and fracture significantly less. Thoughts? Questions: 8 days after surgery is my 50th...
  6. D

    2017 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Just stumbled upon the site today while googling about sex after hip replacement. I just found out yesterday that I got a cancellation slot and am having surgery March 23rd! Lab work done today, can't wait to be out of pain, but my 50th birthday is April 1, and I'm sad about missing the weekend...
Back
Top Bottom