Recent content by Donny.T

  1. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Hello all Today I received a call from surgeons office offering me an earlier operation date / April 23. I took it. I did tell them if they found something earlier to contact me. When I got the call I thought “ oh **** hang on that twos weeks away” and was immediately shocked about how real...
  2. D

    Have you had a Psoas Tendon Rupture?

    Hi @PolarIce A Psoas tendon rupture sounds terrible. Are you able to move the affected leg into flexion as in lifting it from a chair when sitting, putting on shoes / socks standing up? I would have thought a full rupture would really limit you with this movement, and noticeable weakness...
  3. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Yep spinal for sure. Anaesthetist from THR in 2021 confirmed I had spinal + general. This was good - I hope to get that again.
  4. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Thanks for your replies. Where you offered a choice between general and spinal?
  5. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Hi All Quick question - What type of Anesthesia was offered for THR? Recalling my past experience i know i had a spinal and i think that coincided with a General anesthetic..... does this sound right? When speaking to my surgeon regarding my upcoming surgery he mentioned a spinal with sedation...
  6. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Hi All Thanks for everyone for their replies. So, i have had a change of plans. I went yesterday afternoon to meet with a surgeon who is performing the "Recerf" ceramic hip resurfacing procedure. This is relatively new implant that's been trialed the past few years and recently gained full...
  7. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Thanks again for your replies, felt bad about committing to the surgery yesterday, today the opposite, feel good ready to go. assume this is all normal. When meeting with my surgeon the other week, the main point of discussion was the incision site. I had the anterior approach last time and...
  8. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Thanks for all your comments and advice. Booked a date - 23 May. Some time away, that allows me to be mobile around Easter and my son’s birthday, plus a few months to get my head around going through this again. Still somewhat unconvinced this is the right thing ( says the guy currently lying...
  9. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Sunday morning here. Into my third conception round of golf this morning. Woke up and the lower back joints feel more collapsed than ever. This time around I think the lower back is a greater indicator more so than the hip. Having this exact conversation with my wife this morning and she is...
  10. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Thank you for your replies @Deni444 @Leedogmom2 @Noxus @Majic I am slowly starting to come around. Yes i can wait, but as my family says - why? wait just to get worse, the outcome is the same in the end. This is not a matter of " if " but " when ". It is summer time here in Australia, when the...
  11. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Thanks for your messages @PolarIce @Noxus it is great getting feedback relative to your own situation. we are lucky that our parents are close by and can help with our kids. I do the evening routines / cooking when home from work so in the initial stages of recovery my wife will have to do...
  12. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Thanks for the great replies. @Layla @Eman85 There is a lot to null over. Pros and cons. this is my current situation Lower back pain / stiffness forever feeling jammed up hip pain, night pain, locking and catching sometimes a subtle limp these symptoms and frequency have come on quick in the...
  13. D

    THR Time to commit?

    Hi everybody. I’ve written a few posts from time to time. I had my right hip replaced may 2021 age 33, with the left hip not far behind. Leading into now, I have recently seen two surgeons regarding the left hip. Left hip is bone on bone in the weight bearing portions and with that comes the...
  14. D

    Ceramic resurfacing

    Hi, no issue at all, it’s been a great outcome. The surgeon who performed the thr has retired and my new surgeon suggested the resurfacing as an option with quicker return to activity.
  15. D

    Ceramic resurfacing

    Howdy. after having right thr may 2021 I’ve been referred to a surgeon who does ceramic resurfacing for the left side. This is due to my age and level of activity, currently 37. As this is a relatively new option in regard to the ceramic material ( I’m aware metal resurfacing has been around...
Back
Top Bottom