Recent content by donnag1108

  1. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Hi @Layla! Thank you so much. Happy Easter! :flwrysmile:
  2. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @TKA2023Feb8 looks like we are definitely similar. I’m okay with a slower recovery as long as I see some progress. I learned an awful lot with my first knee but this one is totally different. I just cannot understand torturing yourself with aggressive PT and fortunately my surgeon agrees and he...
  3. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @sistersinhim thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it and feel good about things! :yay:
  4. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Well at 7 weeks I got to a 90 bend today. Prior to surgery I was at 100. My quad fired up at post op day 3 and I got the leg straight pretty quick, but darn thing is fighting me to bend. I am happy with this progress as it was at 72 when I started PT. It is definitely a slower healing process...
  5. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @beachy yep! I’m getting that message from her today. She is telling me good job but you’re pushing a bit much. I got a little nutty last night and decided to do heel slides, leg raises etc. well she ain’t having it. Lol. It is swollen after weeks of virtually no swelling but thankfully it seems...
  6. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @beachy thank you!! We got this and I am just so grateful for this breakthrough :happydance:
  7. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @Layla Thank you! Have a great weekend as well!:flwrysmile:
  8. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Positive post** so glad I get to say that! 7 weeks post op from second knee replacement, first was 2018 and this one has been a real bear! I’ve been struggling like many of us and yesterday knee was more painful and stiff then it has been. It’s 230 am and of course bam I am wide awake for no...
  9. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Better day today. Went to PT and was pleased with the difference I could see and feel since my last visit last Friday. He really awesome in terms of letting me lead the way and helping me along. I had a productive day all the way around which is just what I needed! Thanks all!
  10. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @beachy sorry missed your question. I am doing gentle PT twice a week. Honestly he is just the best. He absolutely never ever pushes me and everything we do is agreed upon trying before we do it. I refuse to be in agony during PT or after. Thank goodness my husband is amazing. I hope you are...
  11. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    @beachy thank you! Needed the encouragement! We can do this!
  12. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Hi there, Thank you! I was actually typing a post as you were writing this, struggling a bit :sad::sad:
  13. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Feeling so bummed at the moment. I am 4 weeks post op had the first knee done in 2018. I feel like everyone around me is way far ahead of me, I know not supposed to compare but darn. I belong to another group and I swear everyone was running marathons and jumping tall buildings at week 2! If I...
  14. donnag1108

    TKR 2nd time around

    Thank you Layla! This is good as I can definitely do that and could before coming home from hospital!
  15. donnag1108

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hi Susie. Welcome! I am 3 weeks post op from my second knee replacement. I had the first done in 2018 with wonderful results but this is a very tough recovery. I am sorry the struggle you have been having with PT and you will get some excellent information on that subject here. I am NOT where I...
Back
Top Bottom