Recent content by Donkfish

  1. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    It's been a year now, and I just had my one year follow up with the surgeon. It's mostly good news - he said Xrays, incision, range of motion all look perfect. I think he's a good surgeon, or "carpenter" as he calls himself, but he's not the strongest in terms of communication. I asked him a...
  2. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Makes sense. Thanks
  3. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    This makes sense and is kind of what I suspect. I'll give that stretch a try. Thanks
  4. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    I'm now five months out from my right TKR. In general, I'm doing very well. I still have a little tightness in the knee, but my ROM is very good and I can do most things unimpeded. The biggest issue I'm having now is that I have a lot of soreness in my lower abs, especially when I walk...
  5. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Thanks for the feedback. The quad was strong before the surgery, no problems like this. It's funny. I have very very slight tightness, and it's clunky and noisy, but neither of those things affect its function. The only functional issue I'm having is the lack of strength. If it weren't for...
  6. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    I'm now just a little short of 4 months out from my TKR. Things are generally going well, but I do have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone has thoughts about. Most of my issues seem to be more with my quad than my knee. The quad is still pretty weak. I can go upstairs normally, but...
  7. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Yesterday was my 10 week mark. I've completely recovered from my stint in the ODIC, and I've been golfing. 2 weekends ago I did 9 holes, and was pretty sore and tired by the end. Biggest issue was my quad - it was really tired. I couldn't have gone more than 9 holes if I wanted. This past...
  8. D

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    You're doing great, and it's definitely unusual. I had mine done March 15th and have had a similar recovery. No pain pills needed, I had 90 degrees on day 3, walked early, etc. Two things have been interesting. I'm still doing well, but the pace of the recovery has slowed. Based on my first...
  9. D

    TKR TKR Progress

    So I'm a golfer and had RTKR on March 15. I was chipping and putting at 5 weeks, and at 6 weeks hit some wedges. At the 6 1/2 week mark I went out on the course. I mostly dropped 100 yards out and played in, but I did play about 5 or 6 full holes, 2 with normal clubs (driver, hybrids, etc)...
  10. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Yeah, I think so. Hopefully a couple of days of rest get me back on track. Funny this is, it's not any more swollen than usual. But I have fired up the ice machine again. That really helps me with the pain. You're about a month ahead of me. How's your recovery going?
  11. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Had a pretty big setback today (Friday). I've been going to PT still, focusing on quad strength. I feel like it might be helping, and haven't had any pain. Wednesday we did a lot, but when I left it felt good. Yesterday I walked 3 miles total in 3 separate walks, and also stood on my feet...
  12. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Now a couple of weeks later, so 2 days short of 7 weeks since my surgery. Everything feels pretty good, my major issue is just what I'd describe as tightness. I have good range of motion, but it's not loose and natural yet, kind of like a hinge that needs oiling. Strength is coming back. I...
  13. D

    TKR 1 year TKR update

    Hi all. New to the forum and just wanted to share my experience. 62 year old guy here, I had right TKR on March 15. So far, my recovery has been really smooth. There's a lot written here about pain management, so I guess I've been extremely lucky. I've had virtually no pain the entire time...
Back
Top Bottom