Recent content by doggievet

  1. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    Whoops, you are right, my mistake! Today was long with kids, clients, trying to improve my facebook business page (and added pinterest & twitter to it), along with two of my dogs being a bit "off" today. Tomorrow's a new day, provided I get enough sleep tonight. I'd love to sleep on my left side...
  2. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    Website looks great @MajorHeidi. Pretty cool stuff. Luckily I just needed newborn stuff for my 2 boys. Now that I've got a new hip, I can keep up with them (they'd better watch out!). And we're thinking of adding a third once I'm healed up...maybe because I obviously don't have enough to do!
  3. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    Ha, supergirl! I feel a little more rested today and have a full afternoon. Then tomorrow, like a ding-dong, I agree to see a surgery dog in the morning in addition to the afternoon kitty visits. I'm covering for another mobile vet in my area who ended up hospitalized the other day and is out...
  4. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    Thanks @MajorHeidi! However, I think even the few cats and one dog that I saw did me in. I'm completely exhausted today & thankful that Wednesday is my day off. It could also be the continuous rain...good day to snuggle up with a good book. Hoping my energy is back by tomorrow...already have 3...
  5. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    @Me2 I really wish there was a daycare like yours nearby! I have to use the commercial ones, sigh. I think it's amazing that we're both getting up and around so soon. @Vetgirl I'm pretty sure that you have more than enough going on than to worry about posting. Holy moly, when I read your...
  6. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    Wow that's great--35 lbs lost! I need to do that as well, sigh. Actually, shouldn't sigh--that's another reason I did the hip, so that I could actually exercise! So hoping to get that extra weight off asap. I generally don't lift things over 25 lbs anyway and dogs over 40 lbs don't feel safe on...
  7. doggievet

    Recovery Timeline

    Hi @anna127. I'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow from my anterio-lateral left THR. I was up and about with a walker same day of surgery and progressed rapidly to crutches. I was driving at a week out and for the past 2 days haven't used anything at all for support (even managed to scoop the kitty...
  8. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    @Me2 you are totally right about the squatting/bending down for little kiddos and animals! I was feeling so good today that I squatted down to pet my senior collie and then almost couldn't get back up! I have zero muscle strength in that leg. I'm assuming that my doc will call for PT after my...
  9. doggievet

    May 6 Total Hip Replacement

    Welcome & you have definitely found your support center at bonesmart! I actually told my surgeon that I would have a hard time getting my rear end into the car that morning. Best thing ever was that he prescribed a little xananx (alprazolam). I took 0.25mg an hour before we left. Totally relaxed...
  10. doggievet

    Another question about surgeons...

    I "shopped" 3 surgeons and had only 1 official set of x-rays. I just asked for a digital copy of the initial x-rays and presented those to the two others. The second & third docs didn't have any issues with the x-rays from the first doc--just considered it a second opinion visit and they're used...
  11. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    I've been using a single crutch and decided to try my mom's "hurry-cane" but it didn't feel as stable to me--it breaks down into 3 pieces. So keeping with the crutch and may go can shopping this weekend. The stabbing pain has gone, but the itching continues, sigh. @Me2, I wonder if the...
  12. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    Wow, is there that much of a difference between day 14 & day 19! That'd be great! I completely understand about the "protective" movements and find myself still doing them. My 3 year old keeps asking which leg he can sit on ("Is this the broken one mommy?"). Soon he can choose either and I can't...
  13. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    @Me2 -- I'm with you...no naps and just 24hr meloxicam (I keep wanting to type metcam because it's the same drug we use on dogs and cats & my own 13 yr old collie takes it too!). I figured out that when my ice pack finally warms up, that's what wakes me. But the last 2 nights were a little more...
  14. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    @rider1960 -- I hear ya! Fortunately I have my email & voicemail set to say that I'm not seeing patients now and have 2 house call vets who have offered to cover for me as needed. I've got some cats (easy visits) set up for the week of April 28th and am going to be super careful to only book one...
  15. doggievet

    THR Relieved and excited!

    @rider1960 -- that's the hip I have now. So glad to hear that it hasn't given you any trouble! So I'm a week out today and hard to believe it. I stopped taking all narcotics two days after I got home--couldn't take the nausea, even with the zofran to counteract. Now I'm just icing, meloxicam...
Back
Top Bottom