Recent content by dmjacks1

  1. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Well, yesterday my knee gave out at work while I was walking in the back hallway. I was on the ground before I realized what had happened. Before this I need to mention that I had been to two more sessions of physical therapy for different issues but they did work the knee a bit and it felt...
  2. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Pumpkin, there was minor discomfort and I iced right away, so no swelling. It has given out before but not this bad. I’m ok, it just surprised me. I need to let you know that my tkr severely affected my quads. For the first three weeks or so I couldn’t raise my lower leg up towards myself at...
  3. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Hello, I need to know if this is normal. I am almost 8 months post TKR. This morning I was by my kitchen island plugging in my phone. I turned to step away and my knee gave out. I started falling and there was nothing to catch myself on! I was in a forward motion. Luckily, I have a baby...
  4. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Maryo52, the “they” were the physical therapist themselves. I will try the gentle stretching for this leg. Thank you.
  5. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Josephine, just one other question. The muscle in my thigh in the same leg I had the tkr is very tight and tense. This extends to above and around the knee. Will it ever relax like it used to be or will it stay tensed up? I was hoping it would of started to do this already, but no. I also...
  6. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Josephine, I did read the articles, but unfortunately found this site two months after surgery. With so many people, the doctors and pt’s telling you so many different things it’s hard to separate what’s fact and myth. That’s why I do some research online. Eventually I found this site and I’m...
  7. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Josephine, it was my third prescription and it truly doesn’t do anything for me. Honestly, the aspirin works better. The aspirin isn’t a prescription. It’s just what I use. I have to be careful with what I take with my psoriatic arthritis meds and the doctors won’t prescribe me anything...
  8. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Thank you Larryhg3. Not only do we have our surgery date in common but we are the same age! I too am trying to use these exercises o strengthen my knee. I have to return to a job where you spend 7 hours on your feet but only going back three days a week. Don’t know how much I will be able...
  9. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    @Josephine , my surgery was 10/10/2018 and it was my right knee. 1. My pain level right now is about a 3-4. However, when the weather changes and it’s going to rain it raises sometimes to a 5. The muscles are super tense and tight around the knee and in my thigh and they won’t relax. 2. I...
  10. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Josephine, yes you can ask me questions and I will answer honestly. I appreciate all advice I can get.
  11. dmjacks1

    TKR Knee gives out

    Hello. I’m at 10 weeks from a TKR. My PT is all concerned with the ROM that I’m obtaining. He was stating that if it doesn’t get farther then they will manually manipulate the knee, which he doesn’t like because it almost puts you back to the beginning. I worked at it, forcing it and, at...
Back
Top Bottom