Recent content by dmichael21

  1. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    This week is my anniversary for my left TKR . I see Dr. this Friday for an X-ray and check up. Rehabbed my knee on average 6 days a week at a gym and finally feel like a normal knee with amazing comfort. Need more strength for my active life style and I’m determine to get it. Flexion has...
  2. dmichael21

    When have most started to drive after R TKR?

    In my case I was 5 weeks and at 1st it’s hard to concentrate because of all you have been through and I was driving a 18 wheeler automatic trans after 7 weeks so hopefully that helps.
  3. dmichael21

    TKR Crazy Tom's post apocalyptic TKR Thread

    Hey crazy guy you make me look like an Angel,how are you getting 133 degrees? Are you a former gymnast, I would question that person measurements. I’m over 4 months and I’m lucky if I’m 120 degrees and I train 2x a day. Your very motivated and a hard worker and I hope you keep up the diet. I was...
  4. dmichael21

    TKR Motorcycle riding????

    Hey Mr. Broiler, they went easy on you, I like to exercise and diet and I got beat up on this fine forum and they can be brutal tooMy advise is to relax and feed the ducks instead of that scary bike you have. Your very young and don’t worry about condition, it will all come naturally
  5. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    I kinda misunderstood, my flexion is horrible and I thought it could be measured if I sent a pic, my good leg can bend to about 133 degrees and today I’m getting my operated leg within 4 “ of lining up with my good one, if you could give me a in the ballpark number I would be appreciative. I’m...
  6. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    I do look awful red and that’s my sun burn from a day of yard work, partially. Honestly I’ve been talking to 2 fellow workers who have both had in one case both knees replaced and the other guy 1 knee replaced in the last 10 years and both are active golfers and my age and both could only bend...
  7. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    I honestly do exercise every part of my body and diet etc. I do cardio as well and I totally understand what you explain and respect your experience.my leg work outs are with very light weight and small reps. I have been using a row machine and stationary bikes and my favorite the stair machine...
  8. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    The chair trick only helped me once when I had a nagging hang up in my knee, I knew I could break it free with this method, a friend who had a TKR 3 years ago taught me this unheavenly method.
  9. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    I was following a OS on YouTube and he made it clear and simple at 3 months post op you must work on strength and bend 8 days a week and most importantly to forget you even have a new knee. I’m a exercise nut and I’m within 3 lbs of my high school weight so I have that on my side. It’s...
  10. dmichael21

    Revision TKR Knee revision

    Hey Ruthcb, I my self had a patellectomy in 1988 and like you I had a TKR on Dec 11 18 so we have slit in common, it is harder to rehab without a knee cap do you have to work harder than other patients. Don’t get depressed and just work it. Good luck my friend.
  11. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    Now I’m 4 months and my job slowed down so I joined a gym and I can go 2x a day and I’m gaining but still have discomfort and swelling. I’m taking an Aleve every 12 hours. I learned a new way to gain flexion, not recommended for everyone, you stand in front of a chair and put your operated...
  12. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    it’s been a couple hours and the swelling has gone down on it’s own, the tightness behind my knee has been a problem and this may very well be a thing of the past. Just did some steps going down and noticed a major improvement already.
  13. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    Have to share this one, half hour ago I have been so occupied with a new system in my tractor trailer computer log system so I haven’t been thinking about my new knee (13 weeks)so I jumped out of my truck instead of climbing out and in mid air I knew I messed up so on landing I bent my knees to...
  14. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    This morning I rode 12 miles on my mountain bike on gravel road with some decent elevation, knee felt great and now I’m icing and elevate, by far the most exercise I did to date and felt good to get my heart rate up.
  15. dmichael21

    TKR I year anniversary

    Had a good visit with OS Friday evening and I finally had a heart to heart talk with Dr Mark and I told him I’m not where I want to be at just over 3 months. Told him I gave friends my age and share my sport who have had TKR and healed much quicker than I, and he replied did they have...
Back
Top Bottom