Sorry just to add that surgeon has literally just cut completely through what was left of the Popliteus and it will wither away as I no longer need it. When I have my other knee done in a year or two guess what I’ll be asking him to remove at the same time!!!
At first my surgeon was considering if I had a spinal issue but I knew there was nothing wrong with my spine - I’m hypermobile so very flexible and never had any issue with my spine at all.
The physios were all saying I had a tight hamstring and I was enduring hamstring massage by them which...
Honestly it’s amazing!! 10 whole months of no sleep and immense pain when I straightened my leg and when walking and this is something else. I finally feel like I have the new knee I was hoping for. Do let me know how your surgery goes. To be honest the pain relief was so apparent almost...
So 10 months after my Right TKR, yesterday I had an arthroscopy to resect my Popliteus tendon which had been causing immense pain since my surgery. The sleepless nights were something else. It’s very early days of course and I’m still anaesthetised to some extent but wow I can honestly say I...
Hi I’m just wondering how your pain at back of knee is going as I’m 9 weeks post op and I have exactly the same. It is just agony at times and it keeps me awake most nights. Any tips?
Thank you
Thank you @lovetocookandsew for sharing your experience. It definitely reassures to hear from someone who’s been through it before!
I totally agree that my mind is wanting to do more than my knee welcomes. I’ve been on the static bike at the gym and doing full rotations if the saddle is high...
Hi @Scaredycat10 - apologies for delay replying but I don’t know where the time goes. I’ve been to the gym several times now and managing to do full rotations on the static bike so long as I have the saddle high enough! I’ve also been walking on the dreadmill - holding on of course. Not sure...
As thank you for the reassurance @lovetocookandsew. The good news is that I’ve been persevering and the leg lifts are back!! I have a god bend too - just over 90° but knee is very tight. Staples are still in so that won’t help. How far can you bend yours and how long did it take? Did you do...
@Scaredycat10 thank you so much for the reassurance!! I was feeling rather worried that I should be doing more. But the good news is that the leg lifts are back - I can do them again - phew!! How far can you bend your leg?? I’m at just over 90° but it feels so tight. I’m hoping it will go...
@Scaredycat10 - love your name!! Thank you for your post. I too am on the Aircast Cryo. Feeling a bit deflated today as I just cannot do the straight leg raise. It’s just so painful. It’s reassuring to know though that you were like this too. Think I overdid things today as I tried to...
@Scaredycat10 wow that’s very impressive!! And so encouraging too. I was allowed home yesterday but today the leg lift seems to be evading me. Knee is painful. Still managing over 90° bend though so feeling proud of that. My knee is rumbling every time I move it though as so much fluid in it...
@Jockette thank you so much for some excellent advice here. It can be so disheartening when things seem to take a minor setback but time is the greatest healer. Thank you for your support xx
Thank you @Susie-Q - I surprised myself. And it is so good to be able to straighten it too. Though don’t know how I’d cope without the ice machine. Wow what a miracle that is!! Xx
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.