Recent content by DLR

  1. DLR

    TKR Nightowlblues recovery musings

    Good job...it is so worth it to get both done. While the recovery is brutal beyond that is awesome! Adventures await!
  2. DLR

    Revision THR Clunk and pain years later.

    Hi All, I am still waiting to see my ortho...Sept 13...meanwhile I was in a car accident fortunately nothing but bruising...I did notice the clunk went away for about 2 weeks during the time my thigh was sore and swollen from hitting the brake hard to lessen the impact. The clunk sometimes...
  3. DLR

    Revision THR Clunk and pain years later.

    @Jaycey my GP sent me the xray reported by a radiologist. I am wanting my surgeon to review them which he will in September. I fell while in Cambodia, onto cobblestone and had a plate size bruise centered on my hip incision. My concern is the stem...it is my original one from 2003 , when my...
  4. DLR

    Revision THR Clunk and pain years later.

    Hi All, I have developed an audible clunk ( my husbband can hear) on R side with each step walking and it causes me to fatigue. The farther I walk the more it feels like a band is tightening around my thigh right at groin level. I had a fall in Feb and this started a couple weeks later. Xrays of...
  5. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Well at my PT’s suggestion I went to see my family doctor. She thinks a fair bit of the pain is inflammation, as I had a weeks relief back in July after using 12 hour Advil with 8 hour Tylenol for 3 weeks, the after stopping the Advil the pain returned. She has put me on regular icing and...
  6. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    A new level of pain last night! Yesterday we went out for dessert, after sliding sideways out of the booth I got my anterior knife like pain walking to the car. We went home and had a quiet evening legs elevated. I got into bed and rolled onto my side and level 10 pain through the knee, I tried...
  7. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    @Josephine i just had xrays done they report says alignment is correct no signs of failure.
  8. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    @Josephine thanks. At physio they notice there is more “play” in the knee compared to my other one. Tested by the pull on the lower leg as you would to check an ACL or PCL tear.
  9. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    @Josephine you said you don’t like the pattern..do you have an idea what’s going on? Am I at risk of further damage if I continue day to day living activities in spite of weight bearing pain. Not by any means wanting to put you on the spot but here in Canada I may wait a month or two for an...
  10. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    I have seen my surgeon 4 times... 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 12 weeks but no xrays. Currently I am not scheduled to see him until 1 year.
  11. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Thanks Josephine He is back from vacation in another week so I will see when I can get in.
  12. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    I haven’t had any xrays since surgery and I haven’t seen whether they did one during surgery
  13. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    @Josephine yes
  14. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    @Celle interesting! it didn’t happen with the first knee and my hip i dropped my hemoglobin critically low. Cool, my own rusty knee :) @Josephine Front: DLF3 DLF4 ELF3 ELF4 just where the lines intersect between those four Back: ELB3 ELB4 where the line runs between the two
  15. DLR

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    @Josephine I need your expertise. I am 15 weeks post LTKR. Recovery is going very well in that my ROM is 135/0, I can bicycle outside with no concerns , driving, sitting are all great. Walking is a different matter, I get level 7 pain dead centre in the front of the knee. There is no swelling...
Back
Top Bottom