Recent content by DKing

  1. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    Week 16 Update Knee is doing well, still have a little stiffness and soreness but the only time it bothers me is when I turn over in bed or get in and out of a vehicle. It's still a little swollen, about an inch bigger than the other knee. I'm still clicking with every step but I don't...
  2. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    @PuppyLove The monitors were set for 92 and as soon as I fell asleep (and sometimes when I was awake), the dang alarm would sound. They had to lower the threshold to 85 just to keep it from sounding the alarm. This is the third time I've had problems with oxygen sats in the hospital. I...
  3. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    Had my follow up with the Ortho doc today. He is thrilled with my progress and released me to drive, yippppppeeeee!! I don't have to depend on someone else to chauffeur me around. It's a good thing because I was having a severe case of cabin fever. My knee has been clicking for about a week...
  4. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    PT went great yesterday. ROM up to 130. Knee has a little click when I walk but PT says don't worry about it right now, but it's hard to ignore. I'm still icing to keep the swelling down but overall, the scar looks very good. I'm walking more and more each day but the more I walk, the more...
  5. DKing

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Thought I was the only one! I'm was taking two Hydrocodone 10-325 which is 4 times the dose I usually take for pain. It was the weirdest sensation and seemed to happen at the most inopportune (embarrasing) times. My family had a lot of giggles at my expense. The good news is that now that I...
  6. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    Back to PT today. ROM up to 125. They were impressed with my progress and kept referring to being 6 week out. I had to remind them I'm only 4 weeks out. They were shocked. Went to other ortho doc after PT and he agrees that surgery is the only option. He gave me a cortisone injection and...
  7. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    I had several injections in my shoulder before an MRI showed the bone spur. This was about the same time the second MRI on the knee that confirmed the need for the TKR. At the time, the knee was the most painful so it came first.
  8. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    You may be right, but I tried going without pain meds for 24 hours and the knee didn't hurt but the shoulder felt like it was being ripped off every time I moved it. Won't be trying that again :). I'm icing more every day, I'm just glad I didn't have this done during the winter. Reminder to...
  9. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    Finally got the script straightened out after over an hour on the phone. Don't know who makes me the maddest, the Costco pharmacy, the insurance company, or the Physician's Assistant, but the PA is in the lead at the moment :hairpulling:. Had first PT appointment on Oct 1. He was pleased that...
  10. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    When I had my follow up with the ortho doc two days ago, I had to get a new prescription for pain meds. The original prescription was written by the staff doctor at the rehab hospital. I happened to be at Costco, so I attempted to have it filled there. The original prescription was filled at...
  11. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    I went to the Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation on Harris Parkway. Due to some extreme drama at home while I was still in the surgery hospital, I had absolutely nobody at home. My 19 year old grandson was supposed to be there, but due to some extremely bad choices he made the night after my...
  12. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    I sometimes ice more times a day, but even though I wrap up like a mummy in blankets, my teeth start to chatter, lol. I have a great pillow and keep it elevated most of the time when I'm sitting and that helps a lot with the swelling.
  13. DKing

    TKR My new knee

    After two years of limping and one failed surgery, I finally had TKR on Sept 10, 2014. Was told to get a pre-surgery physical with my primary care doc within 30 days of surgery. Had all the necessary blood tests, EKG, urinalysis, etc. Went for pre-admission at USMD FW. Admission process was...
  14. DKing

    2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    Scheduled for Sept 10. Had arthroscopic surgery in Dec for torn meniscus, was pain free for two weeks, and I somehow managed to re-injure the stupid thing.
Back
Top Bottom