Recent content by dislocate

  1. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I believe you didn't fully read my message. When you write "It's a good reminder to other members who are considering revision surgery that it's very important to find someone who is a revision specialist." As a layperson when it comes to medical needs I took BoneSmart's recommendation to have...
  2. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    My TKR’s are an example of “no two TKR are alike. Left TKR on 03-13-18 Unsuccessful Doctor A Right TKR on 01-06-21 Successful Doctor B Left TKR revision on 12-26-23 Unsuccessful Doctor B I had an unsuccessful left knee TKR on 03-13-18 that left me in pain that I still endure today. The...
  3. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    My doctors are tight liped. My left knee revision made progress up until 4 months with only 105 degress. I'm now in my 10th month post surgery with no further improvement and pain when walking. I continue to use a cain with a bad limp since I can't put weight on my left knee and my ROM remains...
  4. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    The 43 weeks is in error, see my message to Jamie. My surgery was on 12-26-2023, that would make it 19 weeks. I don't do much at PT other than bicycling, calf stretch, and squats. Sometimes I'm there for less than a 1/2 hour. The therapist massagers and works my knee and leg. My left knee...
  5. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    You may be on to something - thank you. I've been doing my exercises at home 7 days a week with the ole concept of "no pain no gain." The routine takes a little over 1/2 hour.
  6. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I made a mistake with the 43 weeks. I had 43 PT sessions. It's been 19 weeks since my 12-26-2023 surgery. Sorry!
  7. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I had revision surgery on my left knee 43 weeks ago at Southern Joint Replacement Institue in Nashville and started PT the day following hospital release. The surgery outcome was excellent with less pain than previous surgeries and a general feeling of confidence using a cane within a week...
  8. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I appreciate your help, thank you.
  9. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I’m hanging in there. I didn’t see the surgeon names. Please forward them to me. Thank you.
  10. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I've written to BoneSmart many times in the past but I'll repeat myself again about my left TKR. 1. I haven't had a pain free day since my surgery on March 13, 2018. 2. My pain and limited range of motion effects my quality of life, e.g., A. poor sleeping from knee discomfort. B...
  11. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    My statement that my fellow TKR friends and myself were never surveyed on their satisfaction is exactly my point. Any surveys within any orthopedic clinic are "hands down" bias. After months and months of excruciating pain and thousands of dollars, there should be only one criteria "are you...
  12. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    I'm not computer savvy. I don't know what/where my "Recovery thread" is nor how to bookmark it.
  13. D

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    The BoneSmart home page agrees with the many knee replacement facilities of a 95% satisfactory rate. I've always questioned this number because my first TKR in March 2018 was unsatisfactory and my second January 2021 was no better than fair. Some of my fellow company retirees share their knee...
  14. D

    TKR Five years later, and still many regrets. Is there a doctor in the US who can fix this?

    Hi Jamie, I had my left TKR in 03-13-18 (unsuccessful), and my right TKR 01-06-21 (successful). I followed up with my unsuccessful TKR by visiting many doctors, in and out of state, all with "top of their game" reviews. My quest to resolve my pain and limited ROM took a financial toll on me...
Back
Top Bottom