Recent content by Dickie 1

  1. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Hello, there I haven't posted in a while. A lot has happened since September last year. We travelled to Vietnam/Cambodia in October 2019 for a 3 week trip. My hips loved the heat. The trip meant a lot of walking, but I coped, the first few days were the worst, but I even climbed Ankor Wat in...
  2. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    No it isn't good, Krista and Debru. The pain specialist said it was nerve pain. Yes, it is a strip as you describe Debru, happened straight after the THR, but has become super sensitive. Maybe little tears, all I now it is painful. The pain specialist tried 5%Lignocaine patches, then a pain...
  3. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Hello to everyone, I hope you are doing well. We are now in spring and glad the weather is slowly improving. I haven't posted for a while. Basically, there are no changes to me. I'm still fighting chronic pain and battle on. After 2 appointments at the pain clinic, the specialist said she would...
  4. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Thank you for the replies. I have booked and U/S for this afternoon and made a booking back at the pain Clinic on the 26th June, was the earliest I could be seen. I am okay with that. Yes, it was good to find a Specialist that listens and acts upon what I am saying. It may take a few weeks to...
  5. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    I thought I would update anyone that was interested. I attended the privately run pain clinic yesterday and came away with much hope. Firstly, the Dr was very professional, no judgement, I felt listened to and heard. Prior to my appointment I had to complete a form asking about when did the pain...
  6. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Krista, our system has 2 levels, public and private. Either way you need a referral from a GP before seeing any Specialist. This referral lasts 12 months. Public is usually free, but the waiting lists can be long, private, means that you are charged well above the Medicare rebate, but quicker to...
  7. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    After Easter I returned to the GP, unable to get in contact with the closer pain clinic. I requested another referral to a dedicated pain clinic in Melbourne, which is 1.5 hours drive away. I phoned this place to make an appointment, but was told that the GP had to send in the referral. I...
  8. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    I was able to get a referral from my GP for a pain clinic about 20 minutes away. I phoned them, number was disconnected. So I phoned the private hospital that was attached to this Specialist and got another contact number. All I could do was leave a message on their message bank. No one ever...
  9. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Can I say that there was no doubt that I need the hip replacements for osteoarthritis pain, the diagnosis was correct. However, I did ask to have an over sized implant hammered into my femur cracking it, then telling me some people take time to get over these things. Because the implant was...
  10. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    SaraK, I appreciate you taking the time to contact me. Yes, I have considered it many times, yes it is possible. I said to the Surgeon, last week that I struggled to lift my leg into a car and straight leg raise. Fibromyalgia isn't helping or nerve damage as it is in both thighs. The Psoas...
  11. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    It gave me a giggle though Layla. Yes, we are in the Southern hemisphere, so opposite weather. I am back to normal routine again. I went early to the heated pool and walked for 1 hour. I am a bit sore and stiff today, from travelling by train/tram to the Surgeon's rooms in central Melbourne. It...
  12. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Thank you, Layla and Mojo. It is Autumn here in Australia, out winter starts in June. Autumn is a lovely time to be in Australia, as it is still warm, but not so hot, hot or hot. I went to the Surgeon yesterday, he is happy with the hip implants. However, he is in agreeance with me regarding...
  13. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Thank you Mojo and Debru4, I do appreciate the ongoing support from you all. I don't regret going to Vietnam. It was a tad challenging at times. No, others cannot understand the ongoing pain issues, particularly my Husband. My days are balanced between doing jobs and then a rest. No, I am hoping...
  14. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Thanks, Layla. Sometimes my narrative seems like I'm going flat out. Vietnam is truly a beautiful place. I have learned to balance my life out. I've learned to suffer pain in silence at times, as it is always there. I guess distraction of exploring a country I haven't seen much of before helped...
  15. D

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    The holiday had been booked for over 12 months, wanting to know what was happening with my hips. If we didn't use it, we would of lost the money. We balance the activity with rest days. Marble mountain, is such a beautiful place, we were unlikely to go to Hoi An ever again. I did Marble Mountain...
Back
Top Bottom