Wanted to offer encouragement to anyone going through knee replacement recovery. Both of my knee joints were replaced in 2012 and I must say, it was the best decision I've ever made to go ahead with the surgeries.
I was afraid of surgery so put if off until it was extremely painful to walk...
April 2012 I had a TKR done on my right knee and In September 2012 I had a TKR done on my left knee. I had been bone on bone for quite some time but I was afraid so I kept putting off the surgery. I remember how I envied people that could walk with no limp or pain. So I finally did it!
My...
Thank you; this board was a tremendous help during the recovery of my right knee! It's a wonderful place to get great information and be around people who know just how you feel.
I'm scheduled for my Left TKR on September 18th. My right knee was done on April 19th; if this recovery goes as smoothly as that one did I will be extremely happy! My new right knee has made a big difference in my life and I am looking forward to getting the left one done. However, even...
Good luck Janet! Keep your positive attitude and you will do just fine! It's been six weeks for me and each day I can do more than the day before. Progress comes at a steady rate!
I have been reading everyone's updates; which is always very helpful! I'm now at five weeks and can hardly believe how good I feel most of the time.
I started driving again yesterday and drove myself to my physical therapy session! I am so pleased that I was able to get back to some sort of...
Becky, Thank you for your reply! Went to the PT yesterday and yes gave me some exercises for my lower back and applied tape to my lower back to give me extra support. Today I feel better and I think my back is on the mend. But just in case I made a appointment for Monday to see my regular...
Thank you for your posts. My knee is fine but my lower back is still giving me fits. The pain in my back prevents me from doing a lot of walking which really troubles me.
My knee pain is under control with one Vicoden about every six to eight hours. Sleeping is no problem at all. I sleep...
Yesterday was an amazing day, my PT said I easily got to 96 and I even was able to ride my stationary bike for about 3 minutes, going backwards. I walked down and back on my driveway which is very long and steep. Ended up resting and icing several times during the day. Felt very good about...
BJ: Yor day sounds a lot like my day and I' m 4 days ahead of you. Take it easy, your right on target. Rest, ice and take your meds remember your knee is in charge! That's what I have learned on this forum and so far it has been the very best advice.
I'm taking Percocet 5/325 every five to six hours. My doctor said he won't give me another prescription for Percocet so when it runs out, about Monday or Tuesday I will be switched to something not as strong.
I can't take NSAID's because long term usage had cause my kidneys to not work as well...
Thank you so much for your posts. I know you both are speaking from experience which means to much to me. Patience has never been my strongest quality but I do understand, now, that I have no other choice but to relax and go with the flow.
I have re-read the library articles several times...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.