Hi there - I also had a second HR in April this year and yes, it felt much more challenging than the first but all starting to really feel great now. I think this must just be the result of the fact that we're a little older? Not sure, but be patient with yourself and don't rush anything -...
Yes, I absolutely swear by the hypnotherapy and I completely understand why you would have been sleepless. I have been very lucky in my life and have reached the age of 70 never having had any kind of surgery or on any kind of medication. That means I had no experience, really, of doctors or...
There seems to be no real treatment for my vertigo, but yes, I am being VERY careful now and as the colder weather comes on I will probably do all my walking on the treadmill now which is very safe! But yes, other than the falls the recovery has been great. I hope all those in the first few...
HIya! Well, it is exactly 4 months today since my surgery! All is going well but I got vertigo (ugh!) about 6 weeks ago. I get it every couple of years and it lasts sometimes up to 6 months. My walking is going well but I have fallen twice from extreme dizziness. I have to say I've been...
Hi @Chigirl - glad to see so many encouraging words for you here. I'm just chiming in with the rest. The first two weeks were pretty uncomfortable for me - mostly because I just couldn't sleep. But things are so much better now (my op was 28 April). Just hang in there - distract yourself if...
Hi - all experiences are different. I'm now 9 weeks post op and there is still some swelling in the op leg. At my post surgical consultancy I was told this will almost certainly be the case for the first 12 weeks and was told to elevate. It is definitely starting to return to normal - but you...
I just want to thank you for documenting all this. It's such a strange little journey, isn't it? One day I think wow - I'm doing great and the next day I feel like I can't do anything like as much as I did a week ago! I'm 8 weeks out and I know I'm getting better but some part of me thought...
Thanks to both for reply! Yes, I know it's a very individual thing. I think it must just be hard to know when a little soreness is good and when it's not. I'll try the middle ground for now and see how things go!
I'm 6 weeks post surgery now and wonder if I can get some advice? There are a lot of posts on here about not 'overdoing it', which seem like good advice. But how can you tell the difference between overdoing it and putting the right kind of stress on your body to help heal? I've been walking...
Thanks! I am finding it really helpful to read through everyone's posts here. It's so easy to think that there must be one way of healing and of course, every body is different. But it's nice to be able to follow the joys (and worries) of others, as it helps you realise you're not alone - even...
Wow - that's such a fast process. I'm in Scotland and here they get you up on the day after surgery if possible, but you don't leave hospital until late day 3 or 4. Listen to your body now and don't do anything that isn't comfortable! As has been said here many times, hips heal pretty well...
It was the left hip and I will try the ice! Thanks. I think recovery is going well. It took a few weeks to be able to sleep in bed at night (I rented a riser/recliner, which was so helpful!), but I'm sleeping through the night now and able to go out for 20 minute walks everyday. No real pain...
Yes, THR, surgery on 28 April this year. I've not iced but have been elevating! It seems to get better each morning and then a little worse as the day goes on - I'm guessing that's because it's elevated at night? Thanks for the reply!
I think I'm doing really well and recovery has been pretty easy (although always scary to me! I had to do some hypnotherapy before surgery just to get me calm enough to do it. Can't recommend this enough!). I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if ankle swelling at this point is still to be...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.