Recent content by Diane60

  1. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Thanks everyone. I will contact the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) and have a consultation with them. I would like to ask Helenium what exactly she did as far as gaining your strength? I was a bad patient when it came to PT because they just sent me home with exercises and I need more so...
  2. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Well, it's been quite a while since my last post but I feel confident that someone out there in the Bonesmart world may have answers for me. Long story short, I've had multiple hip dislocations, multiple hip revisions and 4 surgeries. My last surgery was May 20, 2020 and I finally got a new...
  3. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Awwww... you guys are amazing! Thank you so much!
  4. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Thanks Layla. I knew if I reached out to bone smart you all would make me feel better.
  5. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Well I’ve transferred to my home and am so happy. I’m coping the best I can being on my own for the first time in a year. I transferred to a new PT but they are not really making me happy. I told them that I’ve been to PT for the last few months but they’re treating me like I just started...
  6. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Thanks for sharing this information with us, is was very informative. Well, It’s been 4 months and I still can’t walk due to LLD. My PT feels this is due to my muscles after hiking my leg up for 8 months waiting for my new hip to be fabricated. To answer your question regarding X-rays, my...
  7. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Hello Jane, Thanks for checking in on me. I am feeling more optimistic. I had my three month doctor appointment at the University of Virginia Medical Center (UVA) on Monday, Aug 17. The OS was very pleased with the x-rays. Nothing has slipped and everything looks pretty stable. He suggested...
  8. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Jane, you mentioned that you have just order a stationary bike. How long have you been 100%. Did you learn to walk with a cane first? Who helped you to walk again? I’m still thinking of PT and how they were planning on working with me on my gait and stairs. I do agree I need a break for my...
  9. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    OMG! You poor thing! My heart goes out to you. Well, my first dislocation happened while taking a shower in March 2019. My operation was in December 2018. I remember it just like yesterday. It was a beautiful warm March day and I opened my bedroom window to get some fresh air. I decided...
  10. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Layla, Jane, Thank you for your helpful suggestions. You know Jane, another reason I joined both therapies was so I wouldn’t go through the “boredom and frustration” sitting around my moms house. There is not much I can do right now and PT was planning on working with me on my gait once I was...
  11. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Thank you. You all have really opened my eyes. I think I will cancel my upcoming appointments at PT and aquatic therapy. Beckford: I wanted to ask you if you don’t mind. After your multiple dislocations mainly the last one. Are you still out of work? Are you able to take care of yourself...
  12. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Thank you so much. After reading your comments, I have decided to take note of how I feel after 4 days without exercise. Maybe take a week from PT. Maybe continue with my aquatic therapy but give regular PT a break. I’ll see how I feel on Tuesday. I go back to the OS on Monday.
  13. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    The only exercises I’ve been doing withy PT is just a lot of stretching. Pretty simple exercises to help gain strength and promote muscle tone while stretching. I’ve been doing hooklying clamshells with resistance, heel slides, squeezing my glutes, and bridges. Just really light exercises...
  14. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Wow, it sounds like you been through just as much as I have with your 6 dislocations. I am so sorry. I know how very, very painful this can be. I worry myself to death as well. I go back to the OS on Monday, 17 Aug. After receiving a custom hip on May 20, I started with toe touch, to 50% and...
  15. D

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Thanks Layla, I actually go back this Monday, 17 Aug. I guess I feel like most surgeons do what they need to do which would be hip replacements and I don’t feel they sympathize and answer questions. Last time I went, he said the balls are even but your hips are tilted and that was that. More...
Back
Top Bottom