Recent content by DGrant

  1. DGrant

    THR post op rehab less important?

    I've had it both ways. My first THR(posterior)almost 7yrs ago I had formal outpatient PT, and quit after about 3 appointments because it left me in great pain every time. I did my own thing with simple walking, leg lifts, heal slides, and other activities. My hip healed wonderfully after that...
  2. DGrant

    THR Nerve Damage with Anterior Approach

    Hope you're healing well! I had my anterior May 5th, and couldn't be happier! Really from the start, yeah a bit of pain, and a few days weren't as good as most of them, but now over 6 months on it, along with my posterior(6yrs ago) I'm better than I've been in 10years or more. There's harmony...
  3. DGrant

    THR scared of the ITCHIES

    Definitely look into an alternative med if you think it will be a problem, and/or ask your surgeon if you can use Benedryl or other OTC antihistamine post-op to help... they might even prescribe something... They gave me everything I asked for... and even things I didn't ask for. In any...
  4. DGrant

    Hip Resurfacing Bilateral BHR, Need advice

    That's awesome! A plan and direction is always good. I hope you get on the surgery registry on this site, and let us know how you're doing, pre-op and post-op.. definitely... please. Even though some of us have made other choices and are doing well, your information is priceless... and...
  5. DGrant

    THR 3 month post THR with physical job—is it safe?

    I agree.. ice is great...and hopefully pain meds kick in. Double check and make sure you agree you get enough and/or it actually works for you well. It's such a catch 22 as rest brings healing...and that starts when pain really subsides. I don't want to say pain is a part of recovery, as it's...
  6. DGrant

    Hip Resurfacing Bilateral BHR, Need advice

    I'm following along and find this thread very interesting... especially that it comes from an anatomy instructor. I don't have much relevant input at this point, but really wanted to say thank you Mr. Bioguy501 for creating an informative discussion, as I'm learning myself, and others very...
  7. DGrant

    THR Let the healing begin...

    Alright Alright Alright BoneSmart peeps!! I'm about 3 days beyond 3 weeks PO... I'm doing fine, and the hip seems solid... I've however seemed to develop some low back pain in the last 3-4 days, of which some/most of it is understandable to me, being I've been much more active, yet still...
  8. DGrant

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Following along and praying for relief for you. I know too well, as many of us, that stress seems to inflame pains we already have. Sometimes watching an old movie and trying to relax or something can take our minds off, but not to any great degree. I'm hoping someone else comes along...
  9. DGrant

    THR How long until I drive?

    Since it's your right leg, of course it will depend on how you respond to the new hip.. and the timeframe it takes to have full motor function in the foot/leg. In my experience just recently(May 5th RTHR) I never had direct restrictions from my surgeon, nor did I ask... but I had direct...
  10. DGrant

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Thank you for your response. No doubt you have some complex issues arising. It's hard to say if they were brought about by a THR, or inevitable regardless. I actually lean to the inevitable side for myself... knowing the wear/tear I've put my body through, and riding the weight train up and...
  11. DGrant

    Hip Resurfacing Bilateral BHR, Need advice

    Since you've asked a few questions, I'll answer to what I can in my experience. As for the BHR, I never went through that, and had ultimately had both hips replaced about 5yrs apart. Left side first in 2015, then the right side May 5th. All due to OA(osteoarthritis)... so I can't comment on...
  12. DGrant

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    I've been following here a bit, and I'm so sorry to hear of the rough road you're on right now. Ive had both hips replaced and know it's both a blessing and struggle. I've been learning about the SI(sacroiliac) joint, as well as the Lumbar systems and nerves that go with them. I'm no surgeon...
  13. DGrant

    THR Surgery Complications

    It sounds like a challenging situation with your mother in another country. I'm definitely not well versed on procedures outside of the US, but I'd be curious... if you have the xrays and info, as to how it would be approached, in this country or India. Have you inquired about a "virtual...
  14. DGrant

    THR Right hip injection hasn’t worked

    Oh yeah one little hip can throw everything off kilter. It might be different for some as to whether its sooner or later, and to where other pains develop, my first hip was throwing all kinds of pains at me and seemed to change as it continued to deteriorate.. from the groin one day, then the...
  15. DGrant

    THR Surgery Complications

    Wow... thanks for the follow up, and I'm so sorry to hear of your mothers trouble. I'm hoping they won't have to do another surgery, and that they could work it back in without invasion of tissue/muscle. I'm definitely not sure how this would be dealt with, but I'll bump this thread up...
Back
Top Bottom