Recent content by DeuceDiamond

  1. DeuceDiamond

    Indwelling Femoral Epidural?

    I met with my OS Physician Assistant for my preop appointment this week. One thing that surprised me was her suggestion of an indwelling Femoral epidural. I have had an indwelling spinal epidural for 2 of my previous procedures for a total of 14 weeks. The withdrawal from fentanyl is not fun...
  2. DeuceDiamond

    28 year old TKR

    I do not have much control in this situation, so everything I can do to ensure success is what I deem "within my power". Pre surgical muscle strengthening, post operative rehab, and the likes are really the only avenues I have. My OS gave me a slim chance of the TKR fixing my issues, but I want...
  3. DeuceDiamond

    28 year old TKR

    Due to the complexity and length of my condition I have severe contracture of my muscles. I have had 7 procedures done to my left knee over the past three years ranging from synovectomy to capsular release. I have developed pretty severe athrofibrosis. He is unsure that the TKR will resolve my...
  4. DeuceDiamond

    28 year old TKR

    I am so glad that I have found your helpful community here! I am 28 and have a LTKR scheduled in January. This is the only forum I have found with anyone near my age getting a new knee. My OS was initially leaning toward total fusion but offered a TKR as a last resort before fusion. He stated...
  5. DeuceDiamond

    Too young to have a partial knee replacement

    I am 28 and am having a LTKR done in January. If knee pain and immobility are negatively impacting your quality of life, I do not think age should be a deterrent.
  6. DeuceDiamond

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    I'm scheduled for a LTKR on January 5
Back
Top Bottom