Recent content by Descendant

  1. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    Interesting that my wife mentioned those same things.
  2. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    Sorry. I only just joined. Have made about 5 posts. Have never been on a forum before, so don't understand the jargon & initially in my early post op period simply wanted some help, support & thoughts of other people. As far as keep starting new threads, the one related to drugs & driving was...
  3. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    My apologies for this thread & it's subsequent closure. I started it innocently enough as was somewhat confused by my doctors orders re: meds & driving, hence my thought to speak with people who had been there. I guess I made a mistake posting as it must be against guidelines for the nature of...
  4. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    Yes, spoke with another therapist who said to use my arms to assist me sitting down & standing up. Muscle strength in legs is quite good according to surgeon, though have long term muscle wasting in left lower leg. Definitely need my arms to support me going from standing to sitting & vice versa.
  5. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    BTKR on 27 January. Walking without assistance, discharged from rehab on 11 February. Prescribed Oxycodone CR 10 mgms 2 tabs twice a day plus Endone 5 mgms 1 tab twice a day as required. Time intervals between the two meds not specified. Understand the Oxycodone is Continual/Slow Release over...
  6. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    Surgery was on January 27. Have read quite a few of the articles and links, but the sitting one had me beat. It certainly just did not feel right to not allow my arms to support and assist me with sitting and standing.Yes very odd thing to suggest, but that is what she wanted me to do. Thanks...
  7. D

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    Had both knees replaced ten days ago. How from a standing position do I sit in a chair and then how do I rise from the chair? The therapist does not want me to support myself with my arms easing down into the chair or to use my arms to push down when arising from chair. If I do not support...
Back
Top Bottom