Recent content by denpucc

  1. D

    Revision TKR Any chronic pain issues after TKR?

    Thank you everyone! I hope my post helps someone! I don't know what I would have done without this forum!
  2. D

    Revision TKR Any chronic pain issues after TKR?

    Hi all - I have been a Bonesmart member for several years and it is truly the best forum around. Everyone is so helpful and kind. I had my first TKR on 12/3/13 and it didn't go well. I was one of the 1% of the population whose scar tissue came back no matter what I did. I had a revision...
  3. D

    MUA Scar Tissue keeps forming

    @skigirl Thank you so much for the information!!! I do know my body keeps reproducing scar tissue which is indeed rare. When I had my hysterectomy the GYN had to bring in a general surgeon to clean up all the adhesions on my organs and the surgery to 1.5 hours longer! Does HSS stand for...
  4. D

    Hinged Joint Revision after 4 years of problems

    I was told by my surgeon that an MUA was not possible at a year because he would break my leg!
  5. D

    MUA Scar Tissue keeps forming

    Hi, Josephine - thank you for your prompt reply. In answer to your questions: 1) I had the MUA 10 weeks after the replacement 2) My doctor called it a revision but it was only for the removal of the scar tissue; however the recovery was the same as the knee replacement. He also had to cut the...
  6. D

    MUA Scar Tissue keeps forming

    Hi all - It's been a while since I've been on this site. I had my right knee replaced on December 3, 2013. No matter what I did, the scar tissue would keep coming back. My surgeon tried an MUA but that didn't work. On July 22, 2014 I went in for a revision to have all the scar tissue...
  7. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    My BS friends I need some help! It will 11 weeks on Tuesday since my TRKR and 3 weeks since MUA. A few days after the MUA I felt "this is it! I will finally start progressing!" Wrong...even though I kept up with icing /elevating and pain management I have no functionality in my knee per my...
  8. D

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    Shannon - I am so sorry for your loss. i can't imagine what you and your daughter are going through. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. We are here for you! Hugs, Denise
  9. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    All - I have been following the BS mantra, plenty of icing and elevating. I'm nearly 8 weeks out and my ROM has been steadily decreasing. I went from 102 degrees 2 weeks out to 85 degrees now. I've been struggling with this loss in ROM as i've been going to all my PT sessions and doing my...
  10. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    Update - it's been 4 weeks since my TRKR. The first two weeks were very successful. My knee bent at 102 degrees and was totally straight. The last two weeks I've lost ROM. My knee bends at 72 degrees and is at -10 flexation. My PT told me it is because of the reduced drug regiment. He is...
  11. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    @Lovedogs - good luck with your surgery and post when you can. All I can say is "what a difference a week makes"! Last Monday I was a blubbering mess and I'm walking with a cane and pain is under control!!! @wifiwildflower - have you asked your doctor for some mild sleep meds. I can't take...
  12. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    I finally feel relatively cognizant to update my progress! It has been 12 days since my TRKR and I have to say I feel I am doing very well. I was hoping to go to rehab after my surgery but due to BP and fever issues I had to stay longer in the hospital than expected. Once i was discharged...
  13. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    TY all!!! I do not have a blot clot!
  14. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    Hi Everyone!!! My surgery went very well and I am officially on the other side!!! It is my second day in the hospial and I am doing really well. I'm waiting for my individualized PT. I'm not that happy with the individualized PT. the pain controll is being handled wonderfully. Appareently I've...
  15. D

    TKR "Knee-Day" 3 December 2013

    TY all for you prayers, thoughts and wishes! I'm in theoretical-op area waiting for my OS to be done with his first surgery. Hopefylly I won't have wait an hour and a half!!! Hugs Denise
Back
Top Bottom