@Hip4life
HI, thanks for reaching out. Still have a lot of pain in my THR hip and now my unaffected hip as well (nothing showed on imaging to explain that). I've been to so many doctors! Was diagnosed with psoas impingement, and surgery just got pushed back from March to August as the only...
@Woodbutcher Thank you for your suggestion. I agree that a therapeutic massage can be very helpful. In fact, I have been receiving them regularly for about a year now. Unfortunately the relief is temporary.
@ Jamie I have to do that for every doctor appt because I will definitely forget something if I don't. I keep them in a file on my computer and it's great to look back on what I wanted to talk about at previous appts!
Thank you @Jamie ... I did some online research and I've been doing most of the conservative treatments (injections, stretching, exercises, icing) for months already. PT kicked me out months ago because I was strong and they said they can't help with the pain. So frustrating! I also see that the...
@Tina Turk @Layla @Deni444
I'm seeing some old messages for the first time as I haven't visited here in a while. I don't have issues showering. Not sure where that came from!
I'm back! Not much has changed in the last couple of months. The injections in bursae have worn off and I'm experiencing all the pain I had perviously. My surgeon FINALLY referred me for MRI. I received the notes from the doctor who looked at it, and it is a relief to have some answers. I have...
Thank you @Layla! I’m hanging in there. Doing lots of stretching, some body weight exercise, getting therapeutic massages and drinking peppermint tea for inflammation. I have experienced a little improvement and hope it continues, but there is still so much I can’t do. Would love to be able to...
@Hip4life
Happy to hear your release was a success! I'd be less leery if my THR had gone better, but then we wouldn't be talking about a release if that was the case. I did ask about a partial release and my surgeon dismissed it without providing any reason. He would not be the one doing the...
@Deni444 @Layla
Thank you for the protein suggestions! I've been a vegetarian for over 35 years and am knowledgeable about complete proteins and their sources. I just wasn't laser focused on exactly how much protein I was getting since it didn't seem to be an issue. Till bloodwork revealed...
@benne68 Hi Deb!
Thanks for reaching out. I have not yet made an appt with the recommended surgeon for a second opinion. Here's what's going on:
The psoas bursa injection does appear to have provided some relief although it took a really long time to happen. I have since had an injection in...
Happy to hear that water therapy helped you! I’ve been considering joining my local senior center that has a therapeutic pool and lots of classes. I do have pain when I lift my operative leg, but not the other one. (Doc says both have bursitis.) I have convinced myself that my psoas is rubbing...
Thank you, Jamie! So just I'm just tagging like facebook. I am truly grateful for your recommendation of a local doctor for my 2nd opinion. He is outside the large ortho group where I have been going. Will be giving them a call!
Thank you so much for your words or wisdom and encouragment! I'm really happy to hear you had good results from the tendon release. I bet you were nervous going into that one.
I'm really new to participating in this forum and haven't really figured out how to navigate it. Can you tell me how...
Thank you for your reply and input. It is so comforting to be heard by someone who truly understands.
The MRI of my back was to see if there had been any change in the L5/S1 area where there is pinching as that could contribute to groin pain, and there had not been any change. Here are the...
I had a total right hip replacement, anterior approach, on 11/11/24.
At my three month post op appt on 2/4/25, I was concerned about the level of pain I was still experiencing in my groin, front/side of hip and butt cheek. By then my good hip also hurt enough that I could no longer lie on that...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.