Recent content by Dena62

  1. Dena62

    TKR Dena62 recovery thread

    I saw my OS on Thursday. They are happy with my latest x-rays and are happy with my ROM as it is. I will continue to work on my own to increase it.
  2. Dena62

    TKR Dena62 recovery thread

    I think that had my pain been better managed, I would have had an easier time of it right after and the pain wouldn't be the thing that automatically comes to mind following my TKR.
  3. Dena62

    TKR Dena62 recovery thread

    Far worse, once they gave me morphine in the PACU, they then had to xray my leg for the OS. Talk about being very uncomfortable!
  4. Dena62

    TKR Dena62 recovery thread

    I remember coming to in the PACU and apologizing to the nurse because I could hear myself screaming and screaming. She said I hadn't made a sound and I was hearing it in my head. I couldn't see anything except bright white light. It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life and I am...
  5. Dena62

    TKR Dena62 recovery thread

    An IME is an Independent Medical Exam that the Workmen's Comp Insurance Co orders. Any Dr. who wants to make extra money can sign up to do them so my first IME with with a doctor who was a general practitioner. This time they have an orthopedic surgeon doing mine. The result of the exam can...
  6. Dena62

    TKR Dena62 recovery thread

    I'm finally here & back! My RTKR was 6/2/17. I had a general and nothing else, so when I woke up it was like running into a wall and being hit by a truck. The pain was horrific. It took them some time to bring things under control. I had a PCA with Dilaudid and got so sick from it, that I...
  7. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    I'm his first surgery of the day, so I am happy knowing I won't have a lot of time to panic! I will be getting a General. I am also to go on Iron right away. Its noted right on my pre op orders for the head nurse that I am highly sensitive to pain meds. We also went over my inhalers and a note...
  8. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    !y surgery is June 2nd. I should have the time in another hour when I see my surgeon
  9. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    Next week will also be busy! Pre-op on Monday and medical clearance on Wednesday. Still have things to do around the house. Maybe I can relax for a few days prior? It's going by so fast!
  10. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    I love my capris! Our weather here is getting warm (I live in a suburb of Buffalo, NY) so I should be plenty comfortable! I see my OS tomorrow. He did my scope and I feel very confident! The paperwork will be signed and then I will need to do my preop and get medical clearance. One that ng at a...
  11. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    Thank you so much for the bed coat suggestion! I found a nice one and ordered it! I have yet to find pajamas that aren't so thin that you can see through them, so I will go with a t shirt and a pair of Capri PJ bottoms I already have.
  12. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    Thank you!! Will look for comfy and comfortable clothing. I have brand new slippers and slip on shoes already! Was wondering how cool they keep hospitals and rehab facilities.
  13. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    I will make sure I speak with both. I am on asthma meds so they may find it easier to do a spinal?
  14. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    What kind of clothing will work best for me? Loose Capri's? PJs vs a nightgown?
  15. Dena62

    RTKR scheduled for June 2nd!

    I think mine was different because it is workmen's Comp.
Back
Top Bottom