Recent content by Delphi

  1. D

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    @Hotchocolate , sounds like you are recovering really well . Having such a positive attitude definitely helps , I think . @Layla , you are so right . Years ago I broke my ankle and leg in multiple places in a boating accident and for a while, my husband pushed me around in a wheelchair to go...
  2. D

    THR Two legs to stand on

    Oh my goodness @Sloth , just read your thread and I am in awe of how you and your husband have managed to do this at the same time . My brother in law had both knees replaced in tandem , and as he was living by himself , it seemed to be a total nightmare trying to get the help he needed, when he...
  3. D

    THR Delphi’s 2nd Hip

    Hi guys. Hope today has been a better day for each of you ? Couldn’t quite believe that a week has passed since my op. Looking back it seems to have gone by in a flash, although I did have plenty of time during the night spent clock-watching, 5 minutes feeling like half an hour . Today my...
  4. D

    THR Delphi’s 2nd Hip

    Thanks @Layla . Today was marginally better pain -wise ,although I’ve hardly done anything ( other than look at Christmas decoration ideas! ) When I got home on Saturday night , someone had parked a massive van outside our house so I had to come on crutches from quite a way down the road, in the...
  5. D

    THR Delphi’s 2nd Hip

    Thank you @mature mama and @Hippie Chick for your kind responses. I am the same age as you ,mm, so yes, it’s obviously a factor. Hopefully I will start to improve soon!
  6. D

    THR Delphi’s 2nd Hip

    Thank you @Mojo333 and @myglasshalffull . Much appreciated.
  7. D

    THR Mature Mama has her RTHR and 4th joint!

    Sounds pretty impressive to me! Hope things continue to run smoothly for you .
  8. D

    THR Delphi’s 2nd Hip

    A bit late in posting , but here goes … Had my second hip replaced 6 days ago , almost 7 years after the first . A very different experience , and not in a good way . It’s interesting to have the original recovery conversations documented on here and to be able to make comparisons . I had...
  9. D

    THR LTHR 14/11 Back again for my second…

    Thanks @Esmeralda . Sitting waiting to go to theatre . Nerves definitely kicking in now .
  10. D

    THR LTHR 14/11 Back again for my second…

    @CricketHip Thank you for your good wishes . Fingers crossed! @Mojo333 Hi! I remember you too! Seems like a lifetime ago in some ways but now I’m thinking about it , the memories are flooding back … Hoping it all goes smoothly . Just packing my bag as I have an early start . Leaving home at...
  11. D

    THR LTHR 14/11 Back again for my second…

    Yes, very helpful! I have a friend also having her first THR next week and it was only when I re-read my thread that I could actually remember the detail of a lot of it! Good luck with your TKR.
  12. D

    Can’t stay “logged in.”

    Thanks @benne68 and @Jockette . Have been trying it without success but will have another go tomorrow and let you know .
  13. D

    THR LTHR 14/11 Back again for my second…

    Thanks Deb . Much appreciated. Think I blanked out a lot of it!
  14. D

    Can’t stay “logged in.”

    Same problem for me on IPad
  15. D

    The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version.

    I have the same problem. Using an IPad . Where are 3 dots please?
Back
Top Bottom