Recent content by Defender

  1. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    I have an appointment on the 29th October I guess it's to discuss if and what treatment. My son came down from London today and stayed overnight I have started passing blood again I feel so weak now. This has been such a shock to me. I haven't had any time to enjoy retirement. First my knee op...
  2. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Wasn't expecting this. I have been passing blood in my water for couple of weeks although that has stopped now. Went and had scan and some tests. They have found large tumour on my kidney and it has spread to my lungs. I have to see them next week to see if there is any treatment.
  3. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    The doctor said it could be a tumour or cancer but wouldn't commit he just said it needs looking at. I can't remember what specialised I was to shocked to take it in. I have lost my appetite but I have been for a while.
  4. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Diary update I have been peeing blood for a few days. And have back pain and pain in my right hand side just below my ribcage. Ambulance took me to hospital Monday night they ran a few tests and found a lump in my right hand side. I have to see a specialist. My C R P has shot up to 85.9 I am...
  5. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Thanks very much. I will be receiving a letter within a week regarding my referral to see another orthopaedic consultant so will see how that goes. My doctor is referring me to see a Hematologist Regarding my recent blood test. She did say my liver and kidney are normal but was concerned why my...
  6. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    As I have said over here they are called micro biologists that's the way the system works. Nothing I can do about it.
  7. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    ( Up date.) Had a long conversation with the doctor this evening. I explained that my trust and confidence between me and my consultant was now gone I explained my reasons why and she was totally with me I said I wanted to be referred on to see another consultant that specialises in revisions...
  8. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Over here they are called micro biologists. Will have to wait until Monday to see what the doctor says. Still only 70 degree bend which has had a bad impact on my life. Many things I could manage before the opp I can no longer do.
  9. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Feeling so low at the moment my C R P has gone from 43.5 to 55.5 and am getting more pain from my knee. The doctor is calling me on Monday to discuss the results.
  10. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Thank you all for your reply's As I said I see my consultant / surgeon on the 8th of September I think he will discharge me then. Then I would hope to go back to my doctor for a referral to see another orthopaedic surgeon. They have made so many mistakes I find it hard to trust anyone. I think...
  11. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Not been on here for a while so thought I would do an update. Nothing much has changed no improvement on my R O M on a good day I might just manage 70 degrees but when I walk my knee stiffness gets worse and is giving me bad lower back pain. This has certainly been the worse decision of my...
  12. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    They tell you there is a percentage of getting an infection what they don't tell you is the devastating effect this can have. I will be so glad when I can drive again been 14 months now. I have had to S O R N my Land Rover and may have to get an automatic.
  13. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Yes good description velcro. Mine sounds similar more like rice crispys
  14. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Well I am seeing my consultant tomorrow and I do have a few questions I want answered. The more I walk (with a stick) the stiffer my knee gets it gets to a point where there is no bend at all. Still getting a lot of aching and this crunching sound I get when standing and doing a squat. It feels...
  15. Defender

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    Hi all. I have noticed when standing and bending my knee there is a sort of ripping noise. If I hold my hand on my knee while bending it you can actually feel it. What could this be I am seeing my consultant on Monday.
Back
Top Bottom