Recent content by Deedles8

  1. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Amy's Revision Recovery

    The biggest thing I ever learned from my recovery is your body WILL heal it's self on it's own so do not push. If you feel you need to take a break do so! I hope you are able to get back to feeling "normal" soon!
  2. Deedles8

    TKR TKR Progress

    I have used Vitamin E oil for my scar and it has helped with the scar size and to help with the desensitization. It's worth a shot?!?
  3. Deedles8

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    Yes actually - I am 8 weeks post of from a failed knee repair. It was a MUCH easier surgery than the first one, but you should certainly ask the doctor to check it to make sure. (your description is exactly what mine was....) if it makes a difference I was 8 years post TKR.
  4. Deedles8

    TKR 1yr tkr Follow up X-ray

    NSAIDS cause tinnitus? Maybe that's why my ears are making me crazy....(I'm 7 weeks post op TKR Repair.) Anyway - that's not what I'm messaging about. YES it gets better. I am 8 years post TKR and the last several years things have been great. I have some sensitivity when I kneel on my...
  5. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    Got the topical stitches out. Still have one area that they left open because there is fluid around the new injury that is needing to drain but they expect that will close up within a week as the swelling has decreased significantly. it's very bruised (well it's yellow now...) but it's healing...
  6. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    Well - the latest update is while I was at work Monday a rug slipped out from under me and I fell landing on my knee. It split part of my incision open. Wound up with stitches....another small area opened after that but it seems to be controlled with a band aid while staying as elevated with...
  7. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    I work sitting at a desk but have the freedom to get up and move around. They have also said they will accommodate anything I may need so I will be taking advantage of that to keep the knee elevated and iced when I can.
  8. Deedles8

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    I really want to encourage you to remember to not compare your recovery to anyone else's. Your body will heal in its time. That being said - yes that is usually easier said than done. My original replacement wasn't easy, but over time it got MUCH better and I was able to live and recover...
  9. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    So today is 5 weeks post op - and I am going back to work in the office this week. Therapy has completed and I'm guessing life will start getting back to "normal" (What ever that is...LOL) My husband will be having shoulder surgery in the next few weeks - so I will be helping him with that...
  10. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    Last night was night 2 and so far it seems to be helping. Had Therapy today and Monday I was only 105 and today I got to 115. (Of course the therapist did some work on the incision and it seemed to help the movement today.)
  11. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    Zinger is the right name for them. I managed to get an appointment with my doctor and he prescribed gabapentin for a while. I'm a bit nervous to start it, but these nerves at night are difficult to say the least. I'll take this for a bit and see if it doesn't help. (He may switch me to a...
  12. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    Thank you - I am only 3 weeks post but the nerves are making me crazy. the constant tingling and burning sensation is wild. Reading this article I may need to talk to my doctor about having something to help the nerve pain for a while.
  13. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    Thank you. I was active before surgery, but I know they do cut a lot of muscles and nerves. It's going to take time....and patience. Unfortunately I got more backside than patience. Lol
  14. Deedles8

    Revision TKR Disc replaced with MCL repair

    The CPM machine was picked up and I have finally broke the "plateau" I felt I was on. My flexion is finally at 105. With time I know I'll get full flexion back. I am admittedly impatient. LOL. My quad is still building and my hamstring is tight - and at 3 weeks post op 'm happy with where...
  15. Deedles8

    TKR Heavy Knee, 7 Months

    I will say this and take it as you will. My original knee replacement was difficult. Couldn't get past 100 for the firs 3 months post op. I didn't want a MUA, so I didn't. Over time and with regular life my knee slowly regained normalcy. It always felt heavy but I worked through...
Back
Top Bottom