Recent content by Deeann

  1. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Staying in for 2 days. Just think I would recover better at hi Better at home.
  2. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    In bad agony at the moment he said the kneecap was in very bad shape but tkr is looking good. Just waiting for pain meds now.
  3. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Well today is patella resurfacing day eek. Hoping to be home in a day or so to start recovery. Hoping that it will all go smoothly and it won't be as bad as the total knee replacement. Not sure why I am feeling so stressed as surgeon has said it won't be that bad I hope he is telling the truth.
  4. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    The right knee bends to 85 no swelling just stiffness I am hoping the MUA will sort it out. Am just wondering if the scar will be as long for the patella button as it was for the TKR?
  5. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Not been here for a while. Went back to see my surgeon today as both knees are painful. He redid xrays. Right knee is looking okay. He says it is just a stiff knee which he wants to to do an MUA. The left one has bone spurs behind the knee cap so he says that it needs a patella button which he...
  6. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Thank you @Josephine I will take on board all your advice a rest up from physio and sports therapy. Was just trying to get back to normal quicker. See my surgeon in a few weeks.
  7. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Knee bends is pretty much the same except I sit on a stool and try to bend it more. Sports therapist are pretty much same as physio but don't tend to push as much as them. Sports massage is a deep tissue massage but he is pretty gentle with my knees see him for my shoulder injury but knee has a...
  8. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Hi pain level 7-8 meds tramadol 50 mg 2tablets four times daily and oxynorm liquid 5mg/5ml if needed dicloflex 50 mg 1 tab 3 times daily. Moderate Flex is about 80/85 extension 10 Using cryo cuff four times daily for 25 minutes and ice pack at work Elevated when at home watching TV should do...
  9. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    .Thank you for your replies. Yes I think I am possible doing too much physio twice a week and sports therapy once a week. Back to work only part time. Do about 6000 steps a day on average the last few weeks. Think I am just in a panic as left knee is playing up and had to go back to two crutches.
  10. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Left TKR done July 2015. Is very sore around the patella joint and has some crepitus when straightening. Could it all be to do with the right TKR being only nine weeks old?
  11. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Hi feel like I am struggling with the right knee I am five weeks out tomorrow still having problems with straighting the leg bend is about 60/70. Knee feels hot to the touch most of the time but swelling is reduced. Hopefully my surgeon will be happy next week with how I am doing. It band is...
  12. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Wow @sheliac you are going to have the other one done quick after 1st one. I think I went into this one blind thinking that it would be so much easier than the 1st boy did I get that wrong surgeon did do more work on this one by doing a patellaplasty as well.
  13. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Thanks for the support it will be three weeks tomorrow ice is my best friend. I am finding it very difficult to get comfortable at night and am still taking oxynorm and tramadol in the day but pain flare ups are rubbish. Have done a few sessions of sports therapy with the same guy as last time...
  14. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Right knee replaced on the 24th August can not believe how painful it is. My surgeon did tkr with patellaplasty. Have started physio although I can not do much yet just doing a few easy knee slides can not lift leg to do leg raises at the moment. Can not believe how emotional I have been with...
  15. Deeann

    TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

    Well left knee is one today. Still stiff and sore if I over do things. Better than pre surgery hopefully it will feel better once the right one is done on the 24th August 2016. Hope all the July sparklers 2015 are all well Julie.
Back
Top Bottom