Recent content by DebraR

  1. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here so thought I'd post an update. I am doing great. Still a small pain in the lower right leg, but, I would say it's 85% better. I am still seeing the osteopath and now seeing a physiotherapist as well. I've found that the strengthening...
  2. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Osteo treatments seem to be working! And I am up to 20 minutes a day on my elliptical trainer. Started with 5 minutes and am working my way up. Next week I will add a few more minutes per day. I am also starting to go into the office, started with one day this week, next week will be two...
  3. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @sunbunny and all my bonesmart buddies-Happy New Year! 2016 will be the best year! 2015 gave me two new hips, so 2015 was a good year. Wishing you all, wherever you are in your recovery, all the best. ❤️❤️ Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    So I recently went to see my GP and he agreed with the osteopath's assessment. So, for now, I gave stopped my physio and give the osteopathic treatments a fair try. My GP also said to ice 4 times a day and if not better in a month, to go back and see the surgeon. My next osteo appointment is...
  5. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Jaycey I will continue to see both, as like you said, they are addressing different issues. And I think I need both. Nice to hear that you saw both! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Kim22 Thanks for your post. I went to the PT today and feel so much better! I did 10 minutes on a stationary bike, leg presses and other exercises. I feel that that leg pain will go away as my hips are strengthened. The pain happens suddenly and then goes away. It happened when I was doing...
  7. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Granny Di I have decided to keep seeing both the osteopath and the physiotherapist. They are working on different things so think it's okay. I agree with you that the taller I stand (and tighten my core) the pain is less. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Kim22 yes I'm happy about the PT. I am conflicted though because the osteopath has a different opinion than the PT as to what is causing the pain in my right leg. They both said, separately, that is not a good idea to see two different professionals at the same time, I guess especially since...
  9. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Finally got the call for PT at the hospital. PT thinks that the pain in right leg is coming from my back. Because my moth hips are still so week and range of motion not good, all the stress is on my back. She told me not to sit more than 15 minutes without getting up and doing a backbend...
  10. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Kim22 this is new. Shortly after I had the right one done in March, the left one started to give me problems. By problems I mean osteoarthritis hip pain. So I was recovering from the right hip surgery on a bad left leg. After my right one started to get a little stronger, I ended up using the...
  11. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Jaycey You are right, the fact that I saw some results after one treatment has got to be a good sign. I will hang in there, I have to be patient!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @Legin thanks! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Thanks @Granny Di and @Kim22, what worries me is that the pain is on the leg of the hip that was done in March. The one done in October is doing great! So discouraging! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Pain came back. Next appointment is this Tuesday. I know other people have had worse experiences, but it is so very disappointing. I can't do much as I never know when the pain will come! Two operations later and now this. Trying to keep positive but really, really difficult to do. Will keep...
  15. DebraR

    THR Two down, none to go!

    @ Granny Di yes there are many in Montreal. I was recommended to this one from my auto repair guy, who had a horrible car accident in his teens and said that this guy worked miracles for him! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom