Recent content by Debowma

  1. Debowma

    THR bursitis and sacroiliac joint problem

    Thought I would post an update since I haven't been here in a long time. I am still trying to figure out why I am still in so much pain since my right THR in dec 2012. Since my accident in april, 2013, I have not been able to rehabilitate my hip and leg. Meaning, I can walk and work, but...
  2. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    Jamie, I have been working out in the yard for the past two days and trying to identify exactly where it hurts. Honestly, I don't think it's the IT band either. It feels like the hip joint and then I get two back discs aching. Nobody seems to want to look closely at the joint but I'm going to...
  3. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    I'll do that. I wouldn't have thought that the lift might be part of the problem. That's very helpful! I'll also talk to him about the scoliosis. Thank you!!!
  4. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    I don't know. I could try going without it and see if it helps? Sounds like the best thing might be to go back to my PT and talk to him about it?
  5. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    I can lay on it sometimes. Sometimes not. I can try some ice and see if that helps.
  6. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    It's definitely on the side of the hip; the only thing that sounds different is that it's painful. But I suppose that could be the bursa? And when it shifts, it's almost like a crunch. Hi Alexthecat - nice to hear from you. I'm so tired of this - I've been in pain for so long and hampered in...
  7. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    It's at DR6B. I don't have my xrays but I can get them. It's almost like a crunch in my hip - it's hard to explain.
  8. Debowma

    New problem something seems to shift or catch in my hip

    I have had continued problems after my right hip surgery in 2012, but it's been hard to sort out because I was in an accident 4 months after surgery and my back was involved. It's also been determined that I have a moderate scoliosis, which resulted in my having to wear a lift in my right shoe...
  9. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    The shot in the bursa was helpful but like you said, i can't keep doing this forever. However, I'm not sure whether there really is a solution...sorry to hear that you have back pain. I'm still feeling so relieved that the prosthesis is ok. But next week I'll get back into this process...
  10. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    YAY! I saw the x-rays and my surgeon confirmed that my hip is fine. He gave me a shot in the bursa, listened to the symptoms, and said he thought the rubbing sensation was the IT band and that the pain is mostly referred from the back and SI joint. So that was a relief - no revision needed...
  11. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    Thanks Jaycey, I will. I am not trying to walk far - today it really hurts and it feels like something is catching or rubbing against something else. So I trimmed some bushes today but didn't really walk and wore my si joint belt. I am just scared this will end up being a revision. On the...
  12. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    I go to my surgeon on wednesday. The shifting feeling has continued. It's a strange sensation, as if something moves. Happens when I walk. Is anyone familiar with this? I'm getting so discouraged because I feel like I'm really getting deconditioned. I try to exercise but there's so much I...
  13. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    Still trying to figure out why I'm having so much trouble walking any distance. Had a couple of shots - sacroiliac joint and then the back, and I finally decided to go see my surgeon and ask him to thoroughly check out my hip. Today, for the first time, it started feeling like it was snapping...
  14. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    Hi everyone. Doc thinks it's the sacroiliac joint so I got a cortisone shot today to see if that would help. I go to the physiatrist Thursday and I'll talk to him a bout the xray. Hope you all are doing well and staying warm!
  15. Debowma

    Hip and leg pain after accident

    Will do. I probably should have insisted I go in for an appointment and get an x-ray but I didn't. I was very busy and was just hoping it would improve. But now it's obvious that something is going on, just don't know what. The really awful part is that it restricted me from travelling very...
Back
Top Bottom