Recent content by Debbie_joints

  1. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Just got home from my three month check up. I was a little worried because last Saturday I was doing my at home therapy and my therapist wanted me to increase the weight to two pounds for the sets where I am trying to raise my hands all the way up above my head. Have been struggling with that...
  2. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Arm pain two years post Reverse Shoulder Replacement

    @kspach congratulatins on your new shoulder. Sounds like you are doing great. I wondered how people alone could handle it. I am shocked that you got to drive so fast. My doc made me wait for six weeks. That is where I am glad my husband was there for me as he drove me to town many times as...
  3. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Can you sleep on your op side?

    Hi Steve, sorry you are still hurting. I am at 12 weeks today. I slept in a recliner with pillows for about two months. I still use plenty of pillows in bed so I am more comfortable. I find sleeping on my non operative side and putting a firm foam pillow under my arm/shoulder that had the...
  4. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement 3rd time lucky

    @Hopeful Manch best to ask your surgeon. They don't want you applying anything to that incision too early. It will look better soon. Heck, I look at all my surgery sites, 14 miscellaneous surgeries, as my hard core tatoos.
  5. Debbie_joints

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    @tazzy13 congratlations at achieving a good range of motion. Now take care of that new shoulder.
  6. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Can you sleep on your op side?

    @Bbud101 Oh my, but you certainly have been through the wringer. I am 2 months out today from having a reverse shoulder replacement and I can sleep on the surgery shoulder. But I also use two pillows. Do you have a good recliner? That is what I used up until a little over a week ago. I also...
  7. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement 3rd time lucky

    @Hopeful Manch I am so sorry, I responded to you under someone elses post. I am pretty sure I missed when you came to the recovery forum. My 98 year old mom finally was ready for her next adventure. So I was pretty preoccupied with her, then she passed and we had the funeral. I was at the...
  8. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    Sorry, posted in the wrong place @Hopeful Manch , Hi Steve, welcome to the new shoulder club. I don't know if things are different where you live, but don't push too hard yet. It is really early for you. For the first month my therapist only had me doing hand, wrist, and elbow exercises...
  9. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    @Patee I am doing well. Tell me about this "glamping". We have a 39 foot motor home. In fact my husband is leaving tomorrow and going up north (WI) and meeting out daughter, grandson, his sister and her husband to go trail riding with side by side RZR's. That is a bit too bumpy for me yet...
  10. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    @Patee thank God I didn't get Covid. My brother's wife and son did get it, but not bad. I didn't hear of any of the people that attended the visitation or funeral that got it. Sure didn't want to be labeled the super spreader funeral. The therapist said I was doing fine even though I missed...
  11. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    @tazzy13 and @Patee, thank you. Got through the visitation and funeral. But a terrible thing happened, the morning of the visitation, one of my brothers tested possitive to covid. We had of course been all together so we scrambled for tests and the rest of us all tested negative. But of...
  12. Debbie_joints

    Shoulder scars - post your badges of honour here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    This is my scar at three weeks. Dissolvable stitches, glue and steri strips
  13. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    @Patee I am struggling a bit here. Mom went downhill so fast and died on Sunday. I spent the night with her on Saturday and she didn't have a recliner. Not the most comfortable night, maybe slept for 20 minutes. But glad I was with her, her last night. My brother and sister were with her...
  14. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    @koala78 sounds like you had a tough go of it. I don't know how easy shoulder replacements are to dislocate. Sure hope we don't have to wrap our selves in bubble wrap. I do know of one lady that did it, but she was slinging a heavy bag of garbage and threw it and it popped out. Hope it...
  15. Debbie_joints

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    @Patee , Hi, everything is going fine so far. Still only doing passive therapy. Not taking any pain pills except tylenol. I am sleeping in bed with a wedge pillow and another foam pillow under the wedge to make it higher. The one thing we have going on in my family is that my 98 year old...
Back
Top Bottom