Recent content by Deb1958

  1. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Haha certainly was a good tonic all round . I'm partial too a G and T too maybe next time ! Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  2. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    I did I had a lovely homemade pie veg and mash. Washed down with a glass of Malbeck and I had a good nights sleep! I woke only 3 times. I had a laugh too. I walked about in restaurant and even did some stretches , I took and ice pack I was out for 2 hours. It was a tonic! I will repeat this...
  3. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    My surgery date was 10th January 2017 thank you Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  4. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Okay thank you . At the minute I'm counting mins to next 4 hours . I'm on. A lesser dose than in the hospital . Sometimes feel in the night I want to take an extra pill. Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  5. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Hahaha yes I was thinking exactly that! Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  6. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Thanks Karri for your advice. It's great to talk to others about their experience it is really helpful. At present I do not have much energy either I now know it is unrealistic to even consider returning to work at 6 weeks. I will not left my job pressurise me into going back too soon. Wishing...
  7. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Thank you for your valued advice . I will prepare my work now. I will stop worrying and heal in my own time . Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  8. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    I won't go back so early . I've listened to others on here . I'm still not very mobile it's too soon . Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  9. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Yes I've taken less meds . Think this maybe my issue. Probably need to stay on them longer it is only 3 weeks. I cut down on Codiene I was worried about taking so many drugs! But I can't stand the pain at times. Your not a wuss you had the op! I've had lots of tears today. I have suggested that...
  10. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Thanks Roy . I was prescribed 6 codeine 30mg by hospital. 2 every 6 hours. Plus 8 paracetamol and 3 ibuprofen daily. I asked gp for codeine he suggested 4 four times a day. This is what I have cut down too. So therefore I cut down by 2 codiene a day. It's 3 weeks since op. Maybe I should up the...
  11. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Hi Cratchit Yes Easter sounds more realistic definitely. I will also say I need a phased return. I try not to take meds in the night I think maybe I'm hard on myself I need to give in a little. I feel I sleep better propped up I have a triangle pillow too I'll dig it out today and try it...
  12. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Thank you all this has given me some idea of a return to work. I will prepare my head now it is very unlikely that I will be able to return at 6 weeks. I need to sleep to go to work and that is not happening, another restless painful night last night. Beginning to dread the nights now! Sent...
  13. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Thank you so much everyone for your advice and words of encouragement. Ive realised I am normal with the outbursts of tears too. I live with my daughter and granddaughter and wanted to be independent as soon as possible as not to be a burden. Each day my mind becomes stronger and yes everyday is...
  14. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Hi Mireille So nice to hear from you. Thank you for your advice. I seem to go one step forward and 3 back. I'm trying to rest more today. Think I don't have patience with myself. I'm learning! Your right I will stop worrying about work. Concentrate on healing. X Sent from my iPad using broken...
  15. Deb1958

    PKR Partial knee replacement help

    Thank you this has been very helpful. I am also aware that my boss is expecting me to return to work week 6. This I now feel is highly unlikely and unrealistic as I work as a Special education needs lecturer at college full time. I wonder if any other teachers maybe on here and could share their...
Back
Top Bottom