Recent content by Dcmprshn

  1. D

    TKR On the other side

    Hi all! Almost 5 months out from surgery. Have returned to work with no restrictions. Pain in knee I had presurgery is gone!! Range of motion is 110°. Stairs are no issue but I do find myself having to focus on walking correctly still. Funny how some habits carry over that way Surgeon has told...
  2. D

    TKR On the other side

    8 weeks out and feeling a ton better. Pain is pretty much gone, replaced with what I can only call a weird or strange sensation. Still feels numb on outside of leg below the knee. Right quad is smaller than my left, hopefully riding my mountain bike will fix that. Have 110° of movement in knee...
  3. D

    TKR On the other side

    6 weeks out and doing much better. Rehab 2 times a week and exercises at home. Can go up and down the stairs again with just a little discomfort. Working on walking without a limp has been challenging, find myself having to take smaller and slower steps. Exercising in the pool and treading water...
  4. D

    TKR On the other side

    5 weeks out! This week has been interesting for sure. Range of motion is 105° now. Past 4 or 5 days the knee has been uncomfortable as heck. Probably some of my own doing as yard work/ pool opening and cleaning it. First time in 3 weeks I took a pain pill tonight as it bothered me that much...
  5. D

    TKR On the other side

    4 weeks out today and doing well. Sleep is interesting as I am waking up as the outside lower part of the knee is painful as heck. Thinking maybe part of the healing process. It is still swollen but not hot to the touch. Incision has healed up very well and looks good. Ice machine is still my...
  6. D

    TKR On the other side

    Sunday funday! Quiet day around here. Cooking some pulled pork, baked beans and coleslaw. Having some company later for dinner. Got a 8 hours sleep last night but still needed a nap this afternoon , healing still I guess. Went to therapy Friday and had 85° in the knee. Told me I am in for a...
  7. D

    TKR On the other side

    Almost 3 weeks out!! Mobility is still around 80° and working on it. Ice machine is still my best friend as it makes the knee tolerable during the day. Night time is hit and miss. Some nights it bothers me a lot and keeps me awake others I sleep all the way through.
  8. D

    TKR On the other side

    15 days out!! Mobility is much better now and can walk kinda normal again. Flexibility is still not the greatest but is coming along, I have more range of motion presurgery. At physio Friday they said I have 76°. Not perfect but I will take it for 15 days. Sleep is kinda hit or miss. Some nites...
  9. D

    TKR On the other side

    Staples are out!! Wow did that take pressure off. Dr is happy with what he sees. Sent me for ultrasound to rule out blood clots. Calf is still all balled up. Said the swelling will go down
  10. D

    TKR On the other side

    Hi Glidefloss how is your week going? Sleep is fairly good. Last nite was not could not get comfortable. Went to living room And put ice machine on and some headphones for music at 4. Slept in recliner until 10. Woke up to a coffee in thermal cup and new ice in the machine. Very fortunate my...
  11. D

    TKR On the other side

    I can raise my Calf!! Was kinda spooked when I could not lift it. my Calf is still balled up like a rock. Trying to stretch it out from my toes and a old seatbel. Helps some put when I walk I have trouble getting my foot flat, the heel is an inch off the floor even with weight. After a bit I can...
  12. D

    TKR On the other side

    Sleeping better now, not all the way through nite but 5-6 hours solid. Still a lot of inflammation on that leg. any suggestions? Walking up and down the hall and doing the slider board, some knee raises,gentle squats. Today is 7 days out of surgery. Considering what is done feel pretty good
  13. D

    TKR On the other side

    Morning all hope everyone is having a great day. Slept in my own bed last nite from 10:30 till 2:15. Woke up and yikes this knee hurts like crazy. Got out of bed. To the living room recliner and put a fresh bag of ice in ice machine and got it going. Took half of a supeudol 5mg and got...
  14. D

    TKR On the other side

    No it was not robotic. The surgeon I had is young and well regarded by his peers.
  15. D

    TKR On the other side

    Just got out of hospital. Kept me a little longer because my calf and quads were knotted up like a rock. Home now with the polar ice machine going which gives the best relieve so far I have found. Total replacement right knee. Happy with my progress so far but expect epps and flows. Surgery was...
Back
Top Bottom