Recent content by DBN

  1. D

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I do wonder that too... have tried not manhandling... resting more or less..stretching more or less... honestly at a loss... For me it is ‘only’ 5 months... but not one day without pain. I also think this may be tendonitis or tendonitis... not really clear on difference... Is tendonosis more...
  2. D

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    The saline is to hydrate the fascia which is brittle and non pliable... hence causing the stiffness.. Think of it as Saran Wrap that is too tight....the lidocaine was just to numb the pain....All of the injections are done while she can view the fascia under a sonogram... I just did it once so...
  3. D

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I am at 5 months, with many soft tissue issues that are causing pain and stiffness... I also feel that although I had bone on bone that there were soft tissue issues that were not factored in before or after the surgery. I am now going to a physiatrist who did a sonogram of knee and surrounding...
  4. D

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    Note: Recommended by my surgeon....
  5. D

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    Physiatrist... they deal with musculoskeletal issues... I just went last week. Dr said it will not be an overnight fix. For me, a sonogram shows that the fascia (covering) of all of the soft tissue is ‘stuck’ to the knee and needs all around my knee... It is not scar tissue as we continually...
  6. D

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    Is it the knee or all of the soft tissue ( quads, tendons, IT band, fascia) contributing to pain and mobility... I just went to a physical medicine doctor at 5 months out and a sonogram shows that my fascia is stuck all around my knee... hoping that fascial release massage will help, plus I got...
  7. D

    TKR Pain 2 years plus …

    I had my right knee replaced on Feb 13... have experienced all kinds of inflammation and stiffness... Finally went to a physical medicine orthopedic dr this week... Via sonogram they can clearly see that my Fascia )covering of muscles and tendons) is ‘stuck’ to my knee in all of the surrounding...
  8. D

    TKR DBN's Recovery Thread

    So, went to physiatrist, (Specialist in musculoskelatal issues)...sonogram shows that my fascia (soft tissue covering) is ‘stuck to my knee in a variety of places surrounding my knee and up through IT band which is causing the stiffness and pain...This is not the same as scar tissue.. It will...
  9. D

    TKR DBN's Recovery Thread

    Am going to a pain management doctor next week... think it may be tendonitis plus IT band syndrome...seems also one of my muscle groups not firing... the VMO... making other muscles overwork and perhaps impacting the struggles I am having ...
  10. D

    TKR DBN's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for reminding me... now ‘anything’ seems like ‘too much’.... pain and stiffness impeding daily living...just disheartening...But tomorrow is another hopeful day!
  11. D

    TKR DBN's Recovery Thread

    So... now 19 weeks post TKR on right...still continued very tight knee, plus IT band pain. I CAN walk, but with a limp due to inflammation-now getting a steroid treatment to try to reduce inflammation... not noticing much change. Saw surgeon earlier this week, The knee is doing fine...
  12. D

    TKR Seven months post op and still having trouble

    Please disregard symbol within my post... did not put it there...on purpose
  13. D

    TKR Seven months post op and still having trouble

    I feel just as you do... My surgery was Feb 13...I am about the same age as well... I have not had one day where I have felt this has been a good idea... Have been trying to figure it out with my PT... and she does believe that it has a lot to do with soft tissue issues... perhaps tendinitis...
  14. D

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    And does not inhibit bending... different from other braces...
Back
Top Bottom