Recent content by Daveboy1810

  1. Daveboy1810

    TKR Pain and frustration at 2+ years

    Depending on the degree of arthritis, your surgeon may have had to do more work on your 2nd knee. Lots of grinding, soft tissue destruction and muscle damage needs to heal. Hang in there
  2. Daveboy1810

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Actually I think your surgeon is dead wrong. I was bowlegged too and it wasn't until I had my second TKR that I can walk without a limp. BOTH legs need to be straightened in order to correct your gait.
  3. Daveboy1810

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    I have trouble sitting and standing on low chairs as well. I think I'm gonna go outpatient PT to work on this particular function. Gingerbread, it's good to see you doing so well!
  4. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #43 I can finally say I am nearing the light at the end of the tunnel... I am now walking normally with no pain although I don't do much distance. I still feel a little discomfort sitting and getting up from low seats, and a little shin pain at night which is going away by the day. I know...
  5. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #39 Just checking in. Thing are progressing nicely and I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am walking quite normally now and the evening shin pain is getting better. I DO think I will begin outpatient PT next week to regain muscle strength. I still take extra...
  6. Daveboy1810

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    I too was bow legged and during the time when only my right leg was straightened and the left still bowed, I had quite a limp due to the uneven gait, with the straight leg being at least 1/2 inch taller than the other. It was not until I had BOTH legs straightened that I now can walk with no...
  7. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #35 Most of the discomfort I am feeling these days is in the evening and what I am talking about is the aching in my shins. I found a very good youtube video which purports to answer WHY this pain is common after TKR. Check it out:
  8. Daveboy1810

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    Glad to hear progress is being made, I can't sleep either. lol
  9. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    @Jamie, yes I felt apprehensive about posting regarding both topics, so thanks for your thoughtful advice. That little romp of mine set me back almost 2 days! Come to think about it there is no exercise that can prepare you either. Kneeling is no fun after a TKR. Day #32 Feeling OK today...
  10. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #30 Made the mistake of getting on top during my "manly chore" last night and I am paying the price for it today. Jeesh! Lots of sharp pain in my upper thigh muscle and going up stairs was painful, but it is improving quickly with icing and massage. One thing that I have been hesitant to...
  11. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #28 Not much to report except that recovery is slow and gradual. There is still pain in the upper thigh muscle(s) and in the knee where the prosthesis is cemented in. At night I get shin pains as well. I tried to sleep in the bed last night and eventually moved back to the recliner...
  12. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #25 The wife got a break this weekend, she went to a wedding leaving me at home to fen for myself. I'm glad for her to get out of the house. Things continue to slowly improve with my knee. Every day it gets a little easier. My wife will be returning today with my daughter and year old...
  13. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #22 Well yesterday's 3week post op meeting with y surgeon went well. He wont do an x-ray until our next appt in October. The meeting lasted all of 5 minutes. Dude is an in and out sort of fellow. He did extend my temporary handicapped placard for another 6 months which is very helpful...
  14. Daveboy1810

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    Day #20 As I mentioned before this is my 2nd TKR. My PT told me it was unlikely that the recovery of my left knee would be exactly the same as my right knee was, and she is right. There are different areas of pain and muscle soreness. There is an area of muscle pain in my thigh that sometimes...
  15. Daveboy1810

    TKR Discouraged

    It's still pretty early in your recovery. How much pain is there? Has there been any improvement at all? When you say your knee is stuck, what exactly do you mean? Is it physically stuck? Or is it stuck because you can't work through the pain? Can your PT move it?
Back
Top Bottom