Recent content by daniel80

  1. D

    TKR Here we go again

    Had the operation on the 1st Aug. Operation took much longer than thought he said it was quite complicated. Spent 2 nights in hospital with no sleep, the pain was much worse than I thought it would be i would say twice as bad as the tkr. Am now home with leg in a brace set to 30 degrees bend...
  2. D

    TKR Here we go again

    Thanks for all the information and support. Operation booked for 1st August there goes my summer golf. Mind you once its done I might be able to play without having to have a buggy.
  3. D

    TKR Here we go again

    Just had the results of the ultra sound and bone scan. The surgeon said that my quadriceps tendon has completely torn away from the kneecap, to much to stretch so I will have to have one fitted from a donor. My leg has always felt weak since last op still very swollen and kneecap looks out of...
  4. D

    TKR Here we go again

    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I had the ultra sound which showed a lot of fluid also he said a severe lack of muscle. The bone scan was done using a radioactive tracer injection and then put through a scanner 3 hours later. They would not tell me the results, I will get these when I see...
  5. D

    TKR Here we go again

    Its now been about two and a half years since having the Noiles knee fitted after two other attempts. Again I am in pain when walking, flat not to bad but any gradient up or down is painful. Trying to move to a bungalow to lose the stairs. When laying down even lifting or bending feels like the...
  6. D

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Re: My TKR is making loud noises... Hi Bonnie Sorry to hear of your problems. I had the exact symptoms you have described. About 6 months after my tkr my surgeon had me back in and replaced the spacers in the joint with larger ones. This seemed to make the problem worse, and also resulted...
  7. D

    Nearly one year post tkr

    Thanks Jamie I was thinking along those lines but thought I could do it myself. I bought an exercise bike which I should use more, I find it boring,but I think the golf should help.
  8. D

    Nearly one year post tkr

    Had my final knee replacement last november [ third replacement in two years]. I left work and now have a part time job in a Garden Nursery which I quite enjoy. I am back to playing golf but use a buggy most of the time. My worry is that every so often when walking especially on uneven ground my...
  9. D

    Anti Inflammatories?

    Hi Margaret Sorry to hear about your problem i have had 18 months of hell with various knee problems but after having to pack up work I have just started part time work. Only 3 days a week but just glad to be working, my job meant being on my feet most of the day and my knee started to ache...
  10. D

    knee still enormous

    Five months since last knee replacement [two previously in a year] and my knee is still enormous. Can get around ok and just returned to golf using a buggy. I took early retirement and after a year have just taken a part time job three days a week at a garden nursery I love it but being on my...
  11. D

    third time lucky!! i hope

    Hi Skigirl A noiles knee is a one piece joint that can be used when someones ligaments are shot. Because the knee has a hinge and rotates, ligaments are not needed. Due to these moving parts the the life span is not meant to be so long,history of the knee is still relatively new in comparison...
  12. D

    third time lucky!! i hope

    Hi Jo updated my signature i hope!! not great on computers.
  13. D

    third time lucky!! i hope

    Starting to get a little frustrated now with this swelling it just wont go down. I saw the surgeon last week and he wants the swelling to go naturally which i can understand, at least it stays the same [not any bigger]. He is happy with the knee and the pt sessions. Mostly its the swelling and...
  14. D

    third time lucky!! i hope

    Hi everyone. I am now 6 weeks post tkr and things are going not to bad. I still have bad days especially at night when I have to take my pain meds but don't always need them during the day. I have started to just take them as and when. I just have one question which I would like some advice...
  15. D

    third time lucky!! i hope

    Hi Josephine my operation date was 25th November 2010 and believe it or not i can do full rotations with my operated leg albeit on a easy setting. I think i will leave the squats for a while as this causes pain for quite a while. Oh i see now where you meant for the surgery date, thanks for all...
Back
Top Bottom