Recent content by Dana2boyz

  1. Dana2boyz

    THR I did it! I am a hippie too!

    Had my LTHR yesterday at 0800, it took 2.5 hours with 1 hour in recovery. I was extremely worried about nausea and dry heaving, but had discussed it with the anesthesiologist and he appeared to mitigate that successfully! Apparently I said a few strange things when I was in my room and made my...
  2. Dana2boyz

    Riding in a car for 550 miles after LTHR

    It is too late now to get a flight, and the only planes into my town are tiny CRJs with no leg room and half the seats don't even recline. I will definately talk to the doctor about our plans, maybe he'll let us stay an extra night or something. Right now I plan to take an air mattress for...
  3. Dana2boyz

    Riding in a car for 550 miles after LTHR

    I will have LTHR October 7. My husband is driving us down there and back. It normally takes us about 9.5 hours with a few stops including lunch. I read that I am supposed to get up and walk around every hour. This is going to be a very long ride for both of us. I am trying to decide the...
  4. Dana2boyz

    I had so much fun the first time...

    I am so glad you mentioned "nesting"! My LTHR is October 7... And I just want everything clean! I feel like I am running out of time to get things organized and ready. I want my windows washed, my curtains cleaned, carpets.... I am driving my husband crazy. I think some of it stems from the...
  5. Dana2boyz

    Another question... Going back to work?

    I just had my surgery scheduled last week for Oct 7. I have a desk job... Managing a staff of virtual employees. I can work from home but prefer the office environment. I have been planning for 2 weeks off following total hip replacement. I am hoping I can sit in a chair at the computer long...
  6. Dana2boyz

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    I get my new hip on October 7! I have congenital hip dysplasia in both sides. I had 3 reconstructive surgeries prior to age 13. I am really excited to be pain free on my left side... And am already thinking about THR on my right side!
Back
Top Bottom