Recent content by DaleB2020

  1. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing DaleB2020's Recovery story

    I found out my hip resurfacing was done with the Biomet Recap system and not the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing system (BHR). Both systems seem similar in functionality. Time will tell I guess.
  2. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing DaleB2020's Recovery story

    @Pumpkln Thank you, apologies for the confusion. I was off line for a while and was sharing my mostly positive experience! V/R, Doug
  3. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing DaleB2020's Recovery story

    Thank you! I am improving daily! I think the biggest challenge is correcting my gait or walking back to pre hip conditions. I limp and I shouldn't be lol. Other than that, usual soft tissue soreness. I go in for my 2 week follow up tomorrow. Other than a spinal headache for a few days I am...
  4. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing DaleB2020's Recovery story

    Hello everyone, I had my operation about 11 days ago. It was a hip resurfacing by Dr. Fowble out of Midlands Ortho in Columbia, SC. So far, recovery has been ok. I am using my walker and doing my PT exercises 3 times daily. I use a heating blanket over my hip area when I sleep. It does get...
  5. DaleB2020

    2020 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    29 September 2020, I will have my left hip resurfaced by Dr. Fowble from Midlands Ortho, Columbia, South Carolina. I am 41, 6'2 about 220 lbs Active Duty Air Force. I had a prior procedure on my left hip to repair a torn labrum and clean out arthritis. My condition improved for roughly a year...
  6. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing THR or Hip Resurfacing? 41 yo male

    @Elf1 thank you for the reply. I only had one procedure in 2016. They repaired my hip labrum and cleaned out arthritis. I was "better" but never 100% after the procedure. I then moved from Hawaii to Charleston, South Carolina in January 2019. My hip pain began to increase begining in March 2019...
  7. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing THR or Hip Resurfacing? 41 yo male

    @Going4fun, Sorry for the time away. I got caught up with work and family. I complained enough about my hip that my military Dr. sent a consult to Dr. Gross the hip Dr. you mentioned. Sadly, my military health insurance does not cover his services but, they will cover Dr. Fowble. I had a...
  8. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing THR or Hip Resurfacing? 41 yo male

    I am still waiting to see a specialist, prior to my left hip "clean out/repair" military Dr's quickly came to the decision that I needed a THR. I requested a second opinion and that is how my 2016 procedure went. I am just preparing, mentally lol.
  9. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing THR or Hip Resurfacing? 41 yo male

    Hi everyone, 41 year old Male 6'2 215 lbs. I am currently Active Duty military. I had my left hip labrum repaired and my left hip cleaned out back in 2016. Now, I am back to the same level of pain prior to the June 2016 procedure. I have been doing research and, hip resurfacing looks like a...
  10. DaleB2020

    Hip Resurfacing vs THR. Anyone have experience with both?

    Great thread!, I am 41 Active Duty military. I am facing the same concerns, I want to keep my active lifestyle. My left hip says no! I had my torn labrum repaired and hip cleaned up June 2016 and now I can hardly walk or anything for an extended period of time. I am intrigued with hip...
Back
Top Bottom